Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCL 55R625 Recovery Mode Issues

I am at wit's end. I have a TCL 55R625 (A109X) and I have had ZERO issues until last week. Suddenly, one day my TV was in Recovery Mode. When I update via wired or wireless, it updates, resets, then goes back into Recovery Mode. I tried numerous techniques online, including the following:

1. Holding the reset button for 30 seconds

2. Unplugging TV and Router and plugging back in

3. Hitting the reset button 5-7 times and then holding for 10 seconds

The last one (#3) would work, but would go back into Recovery Mode a day or two later. I kept using the technique and it kept working, but only for a short period of time. Now, the reset button on the back of the TV does nothing. I resulted to trying to get the update from the website onto a USB, but I ran into more issue. After the TV recognized the USB, it gave me a 12-digit code. When I add the code to the website, I get an "Oops! That didn't work". The code matches...I don't know what's up.

If someone has some advice, I am allllll ears. I really do not want to get a new TV, but if I do, I'm not sure I can go the TCL Roku route again. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL 55R625 Recovery Mode Issues

Hi @habana_nana,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for bringing this issue to our attention!

You seem to have done a ton of fantastic troubleshooting at this point. We recommend contacting TCL support for further assistance. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos