Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ppeach22

TCL 55R615 RokuTV (w/ audio output) displays Closed Caption even when CC set to only show "

How do you manually turn them off? CC just started showing up on our Roku TV and we have everything turned OFF!

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
sshort1955
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL 55R615 RokuTV (w/ audio output) displays Closed Caption even when CC set to only show "

Just press the * button on remote, it's in there.

This is for everyone:

Every complaint is followed by the request for more information, but no further response from the forum "Gurus". is anyone at Roku engineering going to research this issue further?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL 55R615 RokuTV (w/ audio output) displays Closed Caption even when CC set to only show "

Hi @Ppeach22,

Welcome, and thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? When did the issue occur? Is the issue happening on a particular channel, or does it happen across all channels?

Please be aware that some channels, such as closed captions, manage their features and functionality.

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MayeBeth
Reel Rookie

Closed caption began appearing "out of nowhere". I have turned it off and it still appears on every channel, on every show.  Please advise how to correct this issue

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MayeBeth,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look into this and see how we can help. Does this issue happen often, or an intermittent case? Does a simple restart help fix the issue, or does it come back even after the restart?

Please provide additional details so that we can look into this further.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MayeBeth
Reel Rookie

Closed captioning is on all the time! I've gone into settings and it is set to "off".  I've restarted my roku several times and it hasn't helped. Now, the closed captioning is in the middle of the tv screen and I can't see the picture.  Very frustrated

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MayeBeth,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem of turning off the closed captions on your Roku device. Kindly check out this support article for more details on how to disable closed captioning. If the issue persists, please restart your system by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step). 

What software version is your Roku Ultra running? (You can check this in Settings > System > About.) You can also check out this article on how you can keep your software up-to-date.

Let us know if it works!

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.