cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billbillw
Channel Surfer

Subwoofer won't pair with Soundbar after years of working correctly

Jump to solution

I noticed a blinking light on the back of my subwoofer in a dark room. Tried to re-pair. It finds it and gets stuck on the "updating subwoofer" and eventually errors out. This setup is an older soundbar. It has been paired for over a year with this subwoofer.

Subwoofer not the issue because I tried pairing it with another Roku beta device and it paired with no issues. I've reset both devices and tried over and over, same result.

The soundbar showed it was last updated on Nov 1st and that may have been when the issue started.

Soundbar model 9100X, software 12.5.0, build 4178-95

Subwoofer 9201X

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
billbillw
Channel Surfer

Re: Subwoofer won't pair with Soundbar after years of working correctly

Jump to solution

Months have passed. No word from Roku. Noticed some updates to the OS were applied in January. Yesterday, on a whim, I tried again and was finally successful in pairing this subwoofer again. Please don't break things with updates again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
billbillw
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Tried a factory reset on the 9100X soundbar and the subwoofer still gets stuck and errors out on the "Updating Subwoofer" step. Both are within 5 feet of each other and the wireless router is also within 10 feet. I have tried on my 5GHz home wireless and also on the 2.4GHz. Same result. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @billbillw,

Thanks for your post,

We're sorry to hear about your issue with Subwoofer. We're pleased to assist. 

• Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

This article helps you troubleshoot problems you may encounter during the pairing process and provides steps you can take to find a resolution. How to resolve issues pairing your Roku subwoofer

Please keep us posted on what you find out and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
billbillw
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Arjiemar,

I'm not sure what you mean about having cellular data. The Soundbar has a very stable internet connection. That is not the issue. I am able to stream content, but the subwoofer has lost pairing and will not re-pair since this last update.

If there is some other reason you would suggest using a phone WiFi hotspot, please explain. Both my home and phone service uses the same T-Mobile 5G towers.

I have already followed all of the trouble shooting steps shown on the website linked above.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@billbillw,

We recommend using mobile data as you mentioned that you're stuck in error updating your Subwoofer. 

We would be happy to investigate further, but we need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.
Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
billbillw
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuArjiemar,

Tried to pair again, using phone mobile hotspot feature.

Same result. Subwoofer pairing process gets stuck on Updating Subwoofer until it errors out.

This is not associated with any Apps. It is in the Settings.

This is a 9100X Roku Smart Soundbar, Serial YL005C876348, Software 12.5.0, build 4178-95, GC Version 10.2.518.

Tracker ID 48-476-422.

As I mentioned, this was working correctly until sometime in the last month.

Steps are simply trying to Settings, Add New Speaker>Subwoofer>

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@billbillw,

We have passed your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. 

Once more information is available, we will update this Community thread. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime. 

Do not hesitate to let us know if you have any additional feedback.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
billbillw
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Any update from the tech department?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for getting back to us, @billbillw!

Please be aware that this has already been forwarded to the appropriate Roku team and is currently in the process of investigation. 

No worries. Once more information is available we will make sure to update this thread. 

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
billbillw
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Months have passed. No word from Roku. Noticed some updates to the OS were applied in January. Yesterday, on a whim, I tried again and was finally successful in pairing this subwoofer again. Please don't break things with updates again.

0 Kudos