Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HERIII
Reel Rookie

Re: Stuck on Connecting...This may take a minute

Jump to solution

After posting my situation, I unplugged my tv from the outlet for about 15 hours and when I connected the tv to the outlet to try the solution sugested that advices to prees and hold the button by the different entries (usb, hdmi, av, etc). I noticed that the tv was working again but, I've to initiate sesion in all of my apps. I don't know if I'm explained myself, since english is not my first lenguage. Greettings.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Stuck on Connecting...This may take a minute

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for sharing this information with us.

We'd like to collect information regarding the issue you've encountered so we can review this further. Kindly provide the details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we'll be able to work with the appropriate Roku team for investigation so this can be addressed.

Your response would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ominous_Sword
Channel Surfer

Roku TV Stuck on Connecting… this may take a minute error

Jump to solution

Hello,

If you are able you can connect the TV physically to a router on your internal network, turn off the TV, I unplugged mine for a few seconds, then turn the TV back on so that it utilizes the physical ethernet connection.  Then you can either reconfigure your wireless or factory reset as needed.  The Factory reset on the back of the TV did not work on my TV.

Cheers,

jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: Stuck on Connecting… this may take a minute

Jump to solution

@MxCreantSince you haven't stated the type of device, model number or otherwise, one of the most common connectivity issues is channel congestion. Have you attempted using a network app like WiFi Analyzer of Android or something similar if you own an iPhone? If not, I recommend you install the app which will show how many others are on the same channel/bandwidth setting. If there ARE lots of others on the same one your router is set to, I'd recommend changing it to a channel with less congestion. Hope that helps

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku community, @Ominous_Sword!

We see that your Roku TV is experiencing connectivity issues with the internet, and we're here to help!

The strength of your wireless connection can be affected by factors like the amount of wireless traffic and the usage of other devices on your network. If the connection check shows poor or fair signal strength or you're experiencing connection or playback issues, try the following suggestions to improve your wireless connection.

• Eliminate wireless interference:  Move any such device away from your router.
  • Check with your ISP: Visit the website of your internet service provider (ISP) to inquire about any outages or connectivity-related issues. 
  • Reduce network usage by other devices: Other connected devices like streaming players, computers, game consoles, and mobile devices can affect your network connection. You may also try to reduce the usage of other network devices when using your Roku TV.
  • Move your Roku device router:
    • Reduce distance: Moving your Roku device and router closer to each other can improve the wireless signal.
    • Eliminate obstructions: Place both devices with fewer obstructions and walls between them to improve signal strength. Avoid placing them inside cabinets.
    • Adjust router antennas: If your router has one or more external antennas, try reorienting them and checking the signal strength.
    • Try an elevated location: Try moving your router and Roku device to a higher location in the room.
    • Mobile hotspot: You might want to consider using mobile data to see if it makes any difference.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Stuck on "Connecting... Please wait a minute" for hours

Jump to solution

My Roku tv is doing the same thing.  How can I get it fix?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Heey, can you help me with this? I've pressed the button underneath the tv (for a few seconds) and it does not resset, it just turns off. Am i pressing the wrong button???

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Andreasava2o03, look for a reset button on the back of the TV.  You may need to use something like a paperclip to press the button through the pinhole.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
KHdamned
Reel Rookie

Suddenly stopped working says connecting this may take a minute but it's been over an hour

Jump to solution

My TCL Roku TV suddenly stopped working this morning. When I turned it on I got a message saying "connecting...this may take a minute" but it's been over an hour. 

I've unplugged everything twice, and rebooted my internet still nothing. The screen underneath the message has the words TCL Roku TV and the current time and an ad for the mobile app, and when I hit any button on the remote I get a beep so there is sound. 

Model: 32S327-CA

120V-60Hz 45W

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Stuck on "Connecting... Please wait a minute" for hours

Jump to solution

Hi @angelatinker242,

Thanks for taking your first post to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help. In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos