Wolsey54

Streambar speaker crackling

Hi I have the same issue with streambar cracking on right side, done all the usual things to correct the fault but no joy, it seems this is a major problem judging by all the people on here with same problem.

Model 9102EU

Serial no YL00EC435516

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
36 REPLIES 36
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streambar speaker crackling

Hi @Wolsey54,

Thanks for your post.

Can you specify the steps you have taken so far? Did you restart your Roku Streambar from the Settings menu? Have you tried the steps recommended on this link: How do you adjust the sound settings on your Roku audio device? Besides the model and serial number, may we know this device's other information by going to Settings > System > About?

We'll appreciate your response regarding this matter.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ilynch
Binge Watcher

Unfortunately, I am having the same issue, even after Roku replaced my streambar for the same issue last year.

0 Kudos
HackZ
Channel Surfer

I have the exact same issue, I have done everything to try and resolve this. A lot of people seem to think turning off the leveling feature is the fix, but for me this did not work. I even went as far as to buy a second sound bar last week. It has the same issue with all new cables. Same issue persist, I'm assuming it's a software issue with ARC. So at this point I give up with these and am returning everything. There are thousands of post online with people having the same problem and Roku replying with a canned response but no resolution. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention regarding the issue you've encountered with the Roku Stream Bar.

We'd like to gather this information: Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).

Additionally, when did you first notice this issue occur? Is this the first time that happened to your Roku Stream Bar? Further, did you notice this issue after the latest Roku update?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HackZ
Channel Surfer

There have literally been hundreds of post very similar to this over that last year. There is also always this exact response from Roku to all the users with no resolution.

Here is an example starting from 2022 up until now, with over 100 post and many of these exact canned replys from Roku. The second response is practically a copy and paste of the reply from Roku on this thread to me.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Streambar-speaker-crackling/td-p/778664 

0 Kudos
Ilynch
Binge Watcher

I noticed this shortly after receiving the replacement streambar last year.

My details follow -

Model: 9102R - Roku Streambar

Serial number - YL001U756804

Software - 12.5.0 - build 4178-95

Device ID - 2A1261756804

0 Kudos
Ilynch
Binge Watcher

@RokuTakashi, I also took video of it happening, if that would help.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ilynch,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We appreciate the information that you have provided to us. Please try to check for a system update on your Roku streambar by going to settings, system, and system update. Let's try to check if that will resolve the issue of the crackling sound on your Roku streambar.

Let us know how it goes, and we will continue to assist you further.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ilynch
Binge Watcher

Ok, I will make the update (it says it checked for updates yesterday) and respond here with the results.

0 Kudos