Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnD783
Reel Rookie

Re: Streambar speaker crackling

I’m having a similar issue. Google TV with the Roku stream bar. On many different apps, audio gets quiet, crackling and one time a loud screeching that stops when I turn the TV off and back on.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JohnD783,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

If you continue to have an issue with your Roku Streambar having a crackling sound, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device and the troubleshooting steps have you taken to try to resolve the issue.

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
JohnD783
Reel Rookie

Hey Mary!

Still having the same issue. All of the sudden the audio gets lower, there’s a static noise in the background and occasionally a loud screeching. You can turn the volume up and down, change the app but nothing besides turning the TV off and back on seems works.

Brand new HDMI cable plugged into ARC. I’ve checked the connection there on both ends. Modem extender is within 10’ of the device so I don’t think it’s signal.

Serial Number: 2A1296437754

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JohnD783,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing additional information regarding your audio issue with Roku Streambar.

A member of our Support team will reach out to you via email to assist you. Please let the Support team know if you have any other questions so they can assist you further and provide a resolution to this issue.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Livers
Reel Rookie

Has anyone received help in regards to this issue? I got an email right away, sent in my info and now no response to my emails. RokuKariza-D (Roku Employee)
was my contact.

9102r

Sn yl007a553696

thanks

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Livers,

Thanks for following up and providing your details. 

Our support team is now aware of your issue and will be reaching out to you through email.  Please be ready to receive their correspondence and continue assisting you from there. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work toward a resolution.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
user187

Roku Streambar buzzing and crackling bass

My Roku is crackling on low end bass on pretty much all channels and streaming platforms. I’ve tried turning it off and on again and new hdmi cables. Not sure what else to do is there a factory reset? Can you recommend what else I can try? Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar buzzing and crackling bass

Hi @user187,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this audio issue with your Roku Streambar.

Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device from Settings > System > About.

Once we have this information, We'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can attend to your concern and provide a resolution.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
josurr

My Roku Streambar has also fallen victim to the distorted sound coming from the speakers to the point where it sounds like the actual speakers are blown out (particularly during dialogue in all apps). Music or other effects sound better but still have the distortion/crackle.

Dialogue also randomly will go from clear to muffled to sounding like it is coming from underwater to distorted & crackly.

Model: 9102R

S/N: YL003M840993

Software: 11.5.0 build 4312-95

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @josurr,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for letting us know about this audio issue with Roku Streambar. We apologized for any inconvenience this has caused.

Please be advised that we're going to assign a member of our Support team to reach out to you via email. They will be assisting you from thereon.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos