Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streambar pro blurry/pixelated until restarted using YouTubeTV

Wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this or has any ideas. I recently purchased a Roku Streambar Pro for my living room. I use YouTube TV for cable and have found with this device that certain channels are extremely blurry/pixelated until I do a full system restart. It seems to be primarily the ABC channels (ESPN/ABC but also non-ABC channels like TNT/NBA TV, etc., do it too). After I restart, the picture clears up and is fine until I leave the YouTube TV app. Even if I leave the app for just a second and return to it, it’ll be blurry again and require another restart. It almost seems like upscaling comes and goes? I know the ABC networks broadcast in 720p, but that doesn’t explain why it’s sometimes clear and sometimes not (720p shouldn't be this pixelated). A few additional details

• I have very good internet, and I purchased a USB Ethernet dongle for a wired connection (getting around 85 Mbps using a device recommended by Roku’s support site)

• I have tried a factory reset.

• I have removed and re-added the app.

• TV is a little older, Samsung circa 2016-17ish.

• I had a Chromecast with Google tv previously and never saw anything like this (nor did I have this issue with regular cable before that).

• I have no quality issues with any other apps, including regular YouTube.

• All apps are up to date.

• I’ve googled this a bunch and have not seen anyone else with a similar issue.

• I have a streaming stick 4k in another room and have not noticed this issue (possibly because those actually turn off with the tv, so they're restarting every time

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Kdaz
Channel Surfer

Re: Streambar pro blurry/pixelated until restarted using YouTubeTV

blurry/pixelated using YouTubeTV

tried everything - no luck - Roku less than one year old

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @johnmoorewas @Kdaz,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for flagging this issue when accessing YouTube TV. We'd like to help. Could you tell us how long and when did you start seeing the issue occur?

What are the steps to reproduce the issue? If possible could you share with us a picture or a video clip on the issue you're seeing? We'd like to take a closer look.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
stuffnsuch
Reel Rookie

Hi,

I would also like an answer to this question...

We are having the exact same issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @stuffnsuch

Greetings from the Roku Community.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we would be more than glad to assist. Let's try to troubleshoot this issue by following the steps we recommend below:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

If the issue persists after performing the troubleshooting steps above, please let keep us posted, and we'll further assist.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos