Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kherren
Channel Surfer

Streambar goes to homescreen everytime I switch TV inputs

Wow, what a huge drawback. There has to be a way to fix this with a software update since as stated this didn’t happen with other Roku devices. The streambar shouldn’t care about the input switching from one to the other that it actually reverts back to Home Screen.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streambar goes to homescreen everytime I switch TV inputs

Hi @kherren,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem streaming on your Roku Streambar. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

Please tell us more details so that we can better understand the problem you are having.

• How are you powering your Roku Streambar?
  • Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)
  • What is the software version of your Roku device? (Check on Settings > System > About.)

Let us know how it goes, and we will continue to assist you further. We are eager to hear from you and investigate this matter further. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kherren
Channel Surfer

It is powered by plugging it in to the wall. The software version is 12.5.5 build 4173-95. The issue is when you are watching any content from the Roku hdmi input (DirecTV stream, YouTube, etc.) as soon as you change the input to view something else, use PlayStation, etc the Roku defaults back to the home page. You should be able to switch inputs without the Roku going back to the main page.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kherren,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further. You can access the Roku Streambar home screen by touching any button on the remote. Even television power. Put away the streambar remote if you're merely using it for better sound rather than the built-in streamer. Using CEC, your TV volume keys will regulate the streambar volume.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kherren
Channel Surfer

Thanks that’s s good info but doesn’t address the issue of the streambar reverting to the Home Screen as soon as the input is changed to another selection. This does not happen when using other Roku devices.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kherren,

Thanks for the update!

We're happy to help you even more. Please follow the steps below:

On your Roku player, open the settings and disable 1-touch play using the steps below.

1. Select Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Control other devices.
  5. Uncheck 1-touch play if the box is checked.
    • Note: If 1-touch play is not enabled, disable CEC on your TV instead. Contact the manufacturer if you are unable to locate the CEC settings on your TV.

Let us know how it works.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos