cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vica153
Channel Surfer

Streambar Pro with Stick 4k no audio options

Jump to solution

I have been using the streambar pro, with sub and 2 surround speakers, for years. I just got a streaming stick 4k for the HDR10+ / Dolby Vision capability. Everything  seems to be working. My issue is that I don't have any audio options when using the Streaming Stick.

When using the streambar there are all the expected audio options: bass, treble, surround, etc. It also has presets for movies, music, etcs. 

With the stick there is nothing, it's all unavailable. I have volume and that's it.  Is this working as designed or is there a way to make these two Roku devices work together better?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streambar Pro with Stick 4k no audio options

Jump to solution

It's designed that way, only Roku devices that have speakers built in having those audio options. So, this would only include Roku Soundbars, Streambars and Roku tv's. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It's designed that way, only Roku devices that have speakers built in having those audio options. So, this would only include Roku Soundbars, Streambars and Roku tv's. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Vica153
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That doesn't make any sense. As if the streaming stick is able to transmit the info to create great sounds of all kinds....but not simply more or less bass.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streambar Pro with Stick 4k+ no audio options

Jump to solution

Hi @Vica153,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a hard time figuring out if the streaming stick has audio options. We're happy to help. Please follow these steps:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Audio.
  4. Select Volume modes and choose the desired setting.

• Off: Volume modes are inactive, and content volume is unmodified.
    • Leveling: Enables consistent volume across different types of entertainment, so you do not have to change the volume every time you switch channels or a commercial comes on.
    • Night: The volume of soft sounds like whispering is increased while the volume of loud sounds like explosions is decreased, making it easier to hear your show at night without disturbing others.

If the problem still persists, please click on this link for additional information and troubleshooting steps: How to use volume modes on your Roku® streaming device

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Vica153
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don't have volume modes under my audio settings currently. I am familiar with them though and they don't come close to acceptable audio options. Those three options are basically normal, slightly quieter, and slightly more quiet. Two options for hearing less audio.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Vica153,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

We understand that you want to utilize the sound mode settings with your Roku Streambar while using HDR10+/Dolby Vision on your Roku Streaming Stick 4K. Since you are mainly using the Streaming Stick 4K as the Roku OS, this will be the primary interface. If you wish to have the settings for the sound mode, which is only available with the Roku Streambar, then the Streambar should be the main Roku OS operating on your TV. Hence, both Roku OS cannot co-function at the same time.

I hope this clarifies your inquiry.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Vica153
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don't necessarily want sound modes, just some ability to adjust audio settings.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Vica153,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

The volume mode setting you mentioned is only available with the Roku Streambar Roku OS settings. As per advice, the two Roku OS cannot co-function simultaneously.

Thanks,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Vica153
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

When using any App from the streaming stick, if you click * to get to options it shows volume mode and it's "not available". Why bother even showing this if it's never available?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We will be locking this thread because of its outdated status. If you are still having issues related to this thread, please look through the Community for another thread that addresses the same problem. If there aren't any existing threads, you are more than welcome to create a new one.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos