RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar Pro (9101x) popping noise after an update

Hi @Ceverhine,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your crackling and buzzing issues on your Roku Soundbar. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

We recommend performing the below steps to see if they can resolve the issue:

1. Power-cycle your Roku soundbar: unplug it from the wall power outlet and plug it back in.
  2. Check for updates. (Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now)
  3. Restart your Roku player. Settings > System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) > System Restart.
  4. Factory reset Roku wireless audio device: Settings > Remotes & devices > Speakers > Wireless speaker, wireless soundbar, or subwoofer, and select the device to reset > Factory reset.

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to resolve audio playback issues on your Roku TV Wireless Soundbar

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
logancarlile97
Reel Rookie

I am experiencing the same issue. I have rebooted, reset, and repaired everything multiple times. The wireless speakers will crackle and sometimes pop (espicially on the rear wireless speakers.) The subwoofer will also do random pops that are not accosciated with the content. I also have all speakers within 15 feet of the soundbar. 

Issue ID: W9-078-806

Model: A114X - RokuTV

Serial number: X00300275EW9 (S05FY2175EW9)

Software Version 12.5.5 Build: 4174-88

GC version: 10.8.24

Timestamp: 2024-02-24T17:26:41Z

I believe this information is soecific to my Roku tv so here is the information on my streambar, wireless speakers and subwoofer.

Soundbar

• Model: 9101R2
  • Serial number: YL0082857469
  • Software version: 12.5.5.4174

Front left speaker

• Model: 9020x
  • Serial number: YE00H1393813
  • Software cersion: 12.5.5.4174

Front right speaker

• Model 9020X
  • Serial number: YE003A644343

Rear left speaker

• Model: 9020X
  • Serial number: YE005V676207

Rear right speaker

• Model: 9020X
  • Serial number: YE003126688

Subwoofer

• Model: 9201X
  • Serial number: Y200AU154577
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @logancarlile97

We appreciate you for providing the additional information.

Kindly be advised that we have forwarded your information and concern to the appropriate Roku team. Further investigation and action will be taken for us to address your concern. 

For the meantime, we hope for your understanding and patience as we work on this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Streambar Pro Speakers popping

Popping noise from the subwoofer and right rear speaker when using apps through my Sony Bravia TV (it doesn’t pop when using the apps through Roku streaming). 

Model: 9101R2 - Roku Streambar Pro

Serial number: YL003X318834 (3K6143318834)

Software version: 12.5.5 • build 4174-95

GC version: 11.1.25

Timestamp: 2024-03-29T03;01;28Z

Please use issue ID 34-126-901

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Streambar Pro Speakers popping

Hi @TopherS_1957,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you providing all these details, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We will forward your concern and information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and to fix the issue as soon as possible. 

We are dedicated to finding a solution to your concerns, so please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RonJonika

Re: Streambar Pro Speakers popping

Same issue with Yamaha wired HDMI passthrough. Sound popping and Roku needs to be reset every week now to resolve the issue. It continuously comes back. Replaced both the speaker and Roku once already. I’ve used Roku’s for over a decade and my patience is running out with this bug. It’s been over a year. 

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RonJonika,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the issue with your Roku streambar pro. We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far. We're more than happy to help you with this. 

We'll need to escalate this to the appropriate Roku Team for review. Kindly provide the information we need:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Channel version.

We look forward to your response so we can continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
L10NH34RT
Channel Surfer

I’m still dealing with this issue as well. Update after update… the popping continues.

0 Kudos