jwersan
Reel Rookie

Re: Streambar Freezes & Crashes

Stumped I doubt, but I do believe this is an issue that is more than one issue.

I believe that there is definitely a heat issue, and that the central processor is operating at its peak capacity.

Due to the device being sealed, ventilation is an issue.

Then you have a potential issue with software. It functions for the tasks necessary, but is not optimized to run more efficiently and stable.

All of these issues involve additional costs, and can affect sales.

But an unstable product will have an even greater impact on sales than a stable but more expensive device.

skiramoenchen
Channel Surfer

I agree!  I would rather pay a bit more and have a stable product.  However, I do love the surround sound, especially after adjusting the leveling instead of staying on the balanced default.

jwersan
Reel Rookie

I love the sound out of it, it is very good.

I’m curious why there is no network connection except wireless. Seems odd to me…

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for posting regarding the issue you've encountered with your Roku Streambar.

We're sorry to hear about this, and we'd like to look into this issue further, and we'll need more information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue.

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos