Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Splef

Stream button on fb does not show my tv.

Hey hope everyone had wonderful wholesome drama free holidays, thank you for taking your time to read and maybe help, you're a true G for this 😊

Anyway, decixes: Phone: Galaxy S22 Ultra 

Tv: Westinghouse Roku 55"

Streaming capabilities are there. My YouTube app has no problem showing my tv and casting to it on the same icon, however watching from FB, the icon does not appear, super frustrating, because yes I can just mirror my phone to my TV and leave it to play, however, after about 10 minutes, the sound starts getting super distorted and it's annoying to listen too. I use the designated roku mirror app. Hopefully someone can help me out (:

Also, yes they're both on the same wifi network, like I said, other apps stream directly just fine(without distortion when its a direct stream from the app, only mirroring apps get the distorted sound)

I got a good deal on my TV brand new, hoping I don't have to return it. I love it other than this one problem, but I plan to have it for a long time and I want all of the features to work properly.

Thanks again fellas 😊

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Stream button on fb does not show my tv.

Hi, @Splef

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing detailed information regarding the issue you've encountered, and we'd be more than glad to assist. We recommend performing a system restart on your Roku TV as a troubleshooting step. To do this, kindly navigate to Settings > System > Power (skip if no sub-menu) > System Restart. After this, kindly check if you're able to notice any improvements with the current issue you're experiencing.

Please let us know how this works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos