DarkRegal
Reel Rookie

Static from my device (not TV)

So I bought a Roku Premiere | 4K/HDR Streaming Media Player with Premium High Speed HDMI Cable and Simple Remote a few months ago feom Walmart. It was working fine up until this past Saturday. Now when I watch my shows, the audio gets corrupted & at one point cut out completely. I have switched audio ports, HDMI ports, and even TV sets but the result is always the same. I have even routed the audio through my smartphone and it still produces the same results. Does anyone have any suggestions? As I mentioned before I've changed HDMI ports and even TV sets with the same results.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Static from my device (not TV)

Hi @DarkRegal,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for taking great troubleshooting steps. Have you tried the factory reset? If not, you can follow these steps:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced System Settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move on to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions.

You can visit our support page for further references: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device?

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DarkRegal
Reel Rookie

Will that log me out of all of my apps? Will that also force me to download all of my apps again? I no longer have my remote so I hope I can still use my smartphone mobile app. Please let me know if it will delete all of my information.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DarkRegal.

Thanks for following up!

A factory reset clears the majority of data from your Roku device and restores it to its factory default configuration. Specifically, the process will:

• Erase your personal preferences.
  • Unlink your device from your Roku account (it will not delete your account).
  • Reset all settings and return your device to a state ready for initial setup.

You may need your physical Roku remote to set up your Roku streaming device.

Visit our Support page for further details about Factory Reset.

If you need further clarification and assistance, let us know, and we'd be more than happy to continue to do so.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos