Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MissMBerry
Level 7

Spotify Won't Open on Roku TV

Hi, I have a fairly new (purchased last year) TCL Roku TV. All other apps expect Spotify are functioning normally. 

I followed the steps to update the app which were posted in response to someone else having an issue with Spotify. After updating all my apps, checking my wifi connection, uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify on my TV, it is still not working. I'm honestly not sure what else to do at this point. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16\
bigsammy
Level 7

Re: Spotify Won't Open on Roku TV

I am having the exact same issue. Roku says contact Spotify. Spotify had suggestions which didn't work, then said contact manufacturer. Have you gotten anywhere?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@MissMBerry @bigsammy

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more, specifically in this order.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
pancakebrain
Level 7

Hi Danny. I'm having the same issue. I had already uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and the problem persists. I just tried launching again, no luck.

0 Kudos
evywillett
Level 7

I followed the above directions in order and the problem persists. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @pancakebrain @evywillett,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.
A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 
1. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device? What Roku model device are you using? 
2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
3. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?

4. How long has the issue been occurring?
Note: Please make sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.

In addition to the troubleshooting step, we would recommend trying to perform a manual update on your Roku device to see if you are still experiencing the issue you are reporting.

Instructions to manually update your software:
1. Navigate to Settings
2. Select System
3. Select System update
4. Select Check now
For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?
Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
pancakebrain
Level 7

Hi Mary and thanks for your response.

This is my 2nd time writing a reply - the first attempt frustratingly resulted in an authentication error, presumably because i followed a link from email but did not log in before submitting.

Mine is a Roku TV, 7131X, TCL 55S425. The issue is only with the Spotify app. No error codes or whatnot- the app just displays the logo and hangs indefinitely.

Great suggestion to restart the TV between the uninstall and re-install steps. That has done the trick for me and the issue is resolved. (Without a restart, the issue persists.)

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @pancakebrain,

Thanks for the update!

We're glad to know it's working now. Happy Streaming!

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
agoldredshield
Level 7

I am having this issue as well. I've tried it all. Uninstalled, reinstalled, turned off the TV, back on. Nothing works. Spotify just suspends in the load screen.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @agoldredshield,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

How long has the issue been occurring? Are you being prompted with an error message? Are all other streaming channels playing content normally?

If you haven't tried the solutions that were provided to perform manual software, I recommend you do so.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos