Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terron88

Sound working but screen is black

When I turn the TV on with or without the remote my screen is completely black.. it still has sound and I can make it what's on the screen if I hold a flashlight to it? What's wrong and how do I fix it

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Sound working but screen is black

Hi @Terron88,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
We'd like to investigate this issue further, but we will need to gather more details. Can you please provide what Roku device you're using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku stream bar, Roku TV-Specify)

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: picture is dark, can barely see the figures, watching the game. Sound working

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: picture is dark, can barely see the figures, watching the game. Sound working

Hi @Needmychannels2.

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We don't have much information to share about this. Could you tell us if you're seeing the same issue? You can also provide with us the details asked by @RokuJohnB.

Please let us know more about it so that we can look into this.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
audrann02

My TV is doing the same thing and I keep getting the runaround.  I haven't had this TV a good 2 years and it's been mounted on my wall since I got it.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @audrann02,

Cheerful welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Roku TV. We're pleased to assist.

• Do you have any other device/s connected to your TV? 
  • Can you please check if your TV is connected to the correct TV input/source?
  • What do you see on your screen after turning on your TV and trying to play content?
  • Is the issue happening on all contents/channels or is this isolated to 1 content/channel?

We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
audrann02

I just have my soundbar connected.

It's connected to the same input since I've had it.

The screen is black, but it look like you can see some words barely.

All content

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @audrann02,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to take a closer look into this issue that you're having. Could you send us a photo or video of your running issue? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos