Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jnr02d
Reel Rookie

Screensaver "Halloween Magic" Error

I tried to download this particular screensaver named "Halloween Magic" developed by OKKO and it gave me the error message " Channel Installed Failed.  Could not add "Halloween Magic"'. Error.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.  

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
PineappleLover
Reel Rookie

Re: Screensaver "Halloween Magic" Error

I'm having the same issue with my Philips Roku TV. Any Halloween screensaver that I try to get, I end up getting an error.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @jnr02d@PineappleLover,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How to resolve a channel playback issue 

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
PineappleLover
Reel Rookie

The problem is that the "app" won't download at all. I've restarted my device twice, and still got the same error. I get the error when I try to download any screensaver. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @PineappleLover,

Thanks for following up.

I'd be happy to take a closer look and help you. Does the issue only occur on a specific wallpaper or all themes on your Roku device? What error codes are you seeing? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos

@RokuKarla How do I send a screen shot on here? When I click the camera icon, it doesn’t give me the option to add a photo….

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@felicialinnette

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to install the channel, can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos