Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dhud
Reel Rookie

Screen Flickering

Over the past several weeks, I have noticed the screen on my #TCL 55" 6-Series R635 has been flickering when oddly when load content. This does not happen when watching content, but only when it loads an app or when I select a program to watch, the screen flickers/flashes quickly. IT almost seems like the backlight/zones are trying to catch up to the content. 

Like I said, once I am in the show, nothing happens, but it flickers as it loads. Example: I am watching live TV on ATT TV. When I select the channel to watch, it flickers and the is fine. If I toggle to another channel, it flickers and then is fine. Same goes for Netflix, Hulu, HBOmax. 

Any thoughts or updates I should be on the lookout for? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Screen Flickering

Since it's not happening while watching content, I'm not sure I'd be too concerned about it. Since it's a Roku TV, there's no cable to try swapping or anything else externally. But if it continues, or starts occurring with actual content, then you should contact TCL. I'm more suspicious of a hardware issue causing it, rather than it being something software based. And TCL is who would be responsible for anything hardware related. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Dhud
Reel Rookie

Thank you, and this makes perfect sense. If the issue continues/gets worse, I will connect with TCL as it sounds like a hardware issue. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Dhud
Reel Rookie

I did speak with TCL anyways. They asked if it happens on the home screen or predominantly in an App, and it is in Apps that it flickers. Their comment was that this issue would be on the Roku side if it is in App. Thoughts?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Dhud

Thanks for the post.

If the issue occurs on multiple channels on your Roku TV, it's a possibility that it has something to do with the TV itself. We would recommend reaching out again to TCL Support to report the issue and for further help. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can contact them here: https://support.tcl.com/us or call them at 1-877-300-8837.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
lisaball
Channel Surfer

Re: Screen Flickering on a new published channel

yes on the roku side. I just published a channel and see the same thing. I resampled the images thinking that the file size may be too large but it didn't help.

It is driving me crazy. I just can't figure it out.

0 Kudos
lisaball
Channel Surfer

Re: Screen Flickering- several tvs

I tried several tvs and no luck

0 Kudos