Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottt1174
Roku Guru

RokuTV OS 11 still on build 4193-88 since May

As the title states. I have a Roku TV and I am on OS 11 with 4193 build since last May of the update from 10.5 to 11. Supposedly there is a firmware of 11.0.2 4193 but on my TV in the about screen I am only on 11.0.0 and not 11.0.2. Is my Tv not updating? How come there hasn’t been any builds from the original update of OS 11? 4193 is the only build. Has there been any builds since 4193 that maybe my TV isn’t recognizing an update? I am just surprised no update of a build in 4 months since I downloaded the OS 11. It’s very odd for Roku. So am I missing something or has there not been any builds past 4193? 

8 REPLIES 8
FearTheClown
Streaming Star

Re: RokuTV OS 11 still on build 4193-88 since May

Mine has not updated either. I just assume there has been no version update for TV's.

0 Kudos
Scottt1174
Roku Guru

Yeah but just kinda odd. I have always gotten different builds on my Roku TV. I mean there are some fixes that needs to be addressed. I guess we have to wait for 11.5. Who knows when that firmware will be out for Roku TV. The TV’s are always last to get the newest software. Lol

0 Kudos
FearTheClown
Streaming Star

FYI my TCL r635 just updated to a new build.

0 Kudos

I have a Roku Premier and it has also been stuck on 11.0.0 since May 2022 (it is now October 2022 at the time of writing). It is suspicious that it has stopped at such a round number. It makes me wonder if Roku have withdrawn support for it so I have to buy a new model. Their FAQs are no help, and they won't deign to let me write to them because my model no longer qualifies for support. 

According to Google, the current version of the OS is 11.5x. If Roku stop updating devices, they should tell us, so we don't waste time trying to find out what's wrong. 

The pics below show the OS build and that attempts at a manual update result in "software up to date". 

Showing OS build 11.0.0Showing OS build 11.0.0Attempt to manually update software reports it is up to dateAttempt to manually update software reports it is up to date

0 Kudos
FearTheClown
Streaming Star

@Ian396734756834 I wouldn't sweat it yet. I have posted in many places about my TCL R635 going to 11.5 because it resolved a major issue on one of its big features(VRR) and everyone I've talked to has yet to update as well. Even the other TCL TVs in my house haven't updated yet either. They must rollout these updates very slowly. 

TimCar
Reel Rookie

My Hisense Roku TV is also showing it hasn't updated since May 13th, 2022.

But I think it is wrong because a couple of weeks ago the Live TV Guide definitely changed and no longer functions properly.

They added in FAVORITES and RECENT to the guide and now it loses track of the time you are browsing.

It would be great if they didn't fix things and make them worse 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's all a bunch of caap.

Local tv guide still not correct hardwired constantly updated last night, with a minor glitch , they retracted it quick but all that updated was nothing but more bloat for Roku devices of all to suffer it's almost not worth cutting the cord anymore. pukaa says. 
I couldn't agree more with this channel guide doo doo. It should be fixed already. I did notice a new star button option before the stupid update that was a major glitch. There's now an option to turn off the picture. Like while listening to music. Look at my other post's. I'm just sick of posting about thier problems. Jest seems to be no end in sight . A d now Roku home, and cameras. They are certainly not building my confidence up. Bummer 👎

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@TimCar 

As a general rule, Roku releases 2 updates a year (ie. 11.0 and 11.5).  These are the primary updates.  These primary updates allow features to be installed/used on the device.  These additional features may come bundled with the primary update or become available at a later date via a "build" update. (ie. 11.0 4200-01).

The above is why many users don't immediately see all the features promised in an update.  The primary update merely "allows" (prepares the device), for these features to be implemented.  Again, these features might come with the primary update, or might come later with a subsequent build update.

--

As for updates hitting devices, the updates are rolled out generally over weeks and months of an initial release announcement by Roku.  If you have multiple Roku devices, not at all uncommon for one device to receive the update, and the other devices to be be weeks away from receiving their update.  I just happened to have two of my devices be available for updates today.  My other devices might be eligible tomorrow, or two months from now.  Eventually, all your devices will receive the update.

Does not hurt to periodically check to see if an update is available to install.

Settings/System/System or Software Update/ [Check Now]

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102