https://youtu.be/4QUDKxiUKNU?si=r2LI7l8UNjoXmRyM

Really need a fix for this asap.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku wireless subwoofer popping noise

@jdeprey,

We appreciate you updating us!

I will share this with the team and update the file with this information. There has been no update on this matter, and the inquiry into it is still ongoing.

I sincerely appreciate your understanding.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jdeprey
Channel Surfer

Right now I am very tempted to return both the soundbar and sub to Walmart while within the return window. Forcing software updates is ok, but can be dangerous if it breaks something like the sound that plays from a subwoofer as part if a sound system. How long will a rollback or update take here, I need to make a decision on to keep or return. 

0 Kudos
jdeprey
Channel Surfer

Should I try taking this subwoofer back and swap with another new one? Or just take this system back?

0 Kudos
Gotjunk

Fix or refund CRACKING & popping Roku wireless soundbar speakers n sub !!

cracking n popping sub n wireless speakers on both my systems FIX THIS no matter the sound the software update resetting it the channel the hdmi cord it’s all been changed done n tested turned off level changed pre stick settings same results come on @ $150 per piece do SOMETHING 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Fix or refund CRACKING & popping Roku wireless soundbar speakers n sub !!

Hi @Gotjunk,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

We believe there's an ongoing investigation by our Roku engineers regarding this concern. To include your device in the said review and investigation, kindly provide us with the following:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.
  • A video clip when the issue occurs.

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Namefast
Channel Surfer

Here is my info. I captured one of the instances of the popping noise. It does it several hundred times while watching tv.

IMG_7360.jpeg

Sound bar

IMG_7361.jpeg

Sub:

IMG_7362.jpeg

Front right:

IMG_7363.jpeg

Front Left:

IMG_7364.jpeg

Okay Roku, you guys have everything you need. Please send my devices the lower software so my stuff can work correctly again. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the follow-up, @Namefast.

No worries, we have collected and forwarded the following details to the appropriate Roku team for review and further investigation. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Let us know if you have further inquiries regarding this.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CarterZone
Reel Rookie

Hello...my Roku streambar has been experiencing cracking, popping, and static (when a channel plays something with bass) since the latest update.  Could you please assist me with a resolution/fix for this issue? 

Model- 9102RW

Serial Number- YL00CP080173

Software Version- 12.5.5 Build 4174-95

Device ID- B110AC080173

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @CarterZone

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear about the issue you've experienced regarding your Roku Stream Bar. We'd like to collect more details regarding this. Kindly check your inbox since we've sent you a Private Message and reached you from there by navigating to the upper right corner of your web browser.

We hope to hear a response from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos