DensmoreJack
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU surround speakers popping

I’ve tried updating devices, restarting, and resetting to factory settings. My TV was not updated to the most recent OS so I tried that in fixing it as well. The popping is random on each device but I’ve had a few instances after doing each of these steps.

The issue started shortly after I had hooked up the devices, most notably the subwoofer has experienced this the most but I hear it in all of the other devices as well. The Roku TV did not have any audio issues before I hooked up these devices.

@RokuJohnB 

0 Kudos
JaxPaladin
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku wireless subwoofer popping noise

My subwoofer is popping as well.  Do I need a downgrade?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JaxPaladin,

Thanks for this inquiry.

May we know the following information:

• Device ID
  • Device OS version
  • Steps you have taken in an attempt to fix this concern.

With more details, we'll be able to provide an accurate resolution.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TimC140
Channel Surfer

Have you tried using to roku soundbar as your streaming device instead of the roku tv ?  Mine pops when I use the roku tv as the streaming device and does not pop when the roku soundbar is used as the streamer. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Namefast @TimC140

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We see that you're having the same issue that other Roku users have experienced. For us to further assist you, could you please provide the requested information of @RokuJanadeeK above this thread? Once we have this, we'll be able to look further into the issue and investigate it.

We hope to hear back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JaxPaladin
Channel Surfer

All I have is the roku soundbar with the roku wireless sub

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for keeping us in the loop, @JaxPaladin.

Our team is currently aware of the issue and is undergoing an in-depth investigation regarding it. That being said, would you be so kind as to provide us with the following information?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JaxPaladin,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue. Please check out this support article here on how to resolve audio playback issues on your Roku wireless speakers.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TimC140
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku version 12.5 & 12.5.5 causing subwoofer and satellite speaker popping/knocking

I have the same issue. Subwoofer only pops when I use the Roku TV to stream. If I swap and use the roku sound bar as the streamer there is no subwoofer popping. There was an update for the sub late last night and the TV updated this morning. I have not checked to see if the popping came back. 

0 Kudos
jdeprey
Channel Surfer

I bought the subwoofer today and was going to take it back and swap it at Walmart tomorrow, because the popping is so bad. But, if it is software Roku needs to do something fast, it is really bad, I recorded a video if needed, but they shouldn't need mine, it has to be happening to other units.

0 Kudos