Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason187
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku speakers an making cracking and popping sounds

FOR SALE: Roku streambar, 4 satellite speakers and 1 Subwoofer…Ohhhhh, wait..This isn’t Ebay, this is the ROKU community where numerous folks since late ‘23 have been posting about this SAME issue and STILL haven’t fixed this issue or supplied any real answer!!! I have been posting since Dec. 2023 about this and that my speakers are less than 4 months old and they are not pushed as the volume doesnt leave the teens for the simple fact of this popping!!! ROKU for wanting us to support their products is doing a terrible job of trying to make their customers happy, or providing an update for this issue. If you can’t fix it, say it…and provide us with certificates to return these bunk products back to you for a refund. It would be different if it was another companies product messing with the ROKU brand/wireles signal etc etc BUT its your own stuff!!! For the last time please fix this issue, as I have 6 expensive paperweights now.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku speakers STILL popping

Hi, @Jason187

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused, this is not the kind of experience we want you to have. Rest assured that we'll do our best to assist. Coud you please provide the following specific details for us to attend to your concern?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Is this issue happening on the entire Roku platform or with a specific channel?

Once we have this information, we'll be in touch with the appropriate Roku team and work on the issue you've experienced.

We hope to hear back from you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jbsmooth09
Channel Surfer

I’ve heard no response and it’s been weeks. This is unacceptable. 

0 Kudos
PTznic9yet
Streaming Star

I agree. I don’t know what other recourse we have.

0 Kudos
AaronSil
Reel Rookie

I have 4 Roku speaker systems (soundbar) fronts rear and sub (1)  and 3 soundbar rears and sub) and all 4 have been popping for months.    Since it was happening to all I immediately assumed Roku messed up something in their coding….found this thread which essentially confirms it.

Roku roll back your update to like June 2023 version until you figure it out, 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jbsmooth09 @PTznic9yet,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

Please be aware that this issue has already been raised, and the details of your device have been sent to the relevant Roku team for additional investigation. We haven't heard back from the team yet, but don't worry—we'll update this thread as soon as we do. The team is working diligently to investigate the problem.

Your extended patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                      John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AaronSil,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We want to further investigate this issue that you had. Can you please provide the following details that have been asked by @RokuTakashi above? In addition, can you please provide the troubleshooting steps that you have taken so far?

Once we have this information, we will be able to escalate this issue to our appropriate Roku team.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                        John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
coderroggie
Channel Surfer

Same issue. TCL TV, 4 satellites. 1 sub. One soundbar.

0 Kudos
coderroggie
Channel Surfer

Always happens watching Disney’s new Taylor swift concert. 100 percent of the time.

0 Kudos
coderroggie
Channel Surfer

It is less bad with sub + soundbar + 2 satellites

0 Kudos