cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jbsmooth09
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku speakers an making cracking and popping sounds

Hi Everyone,

I received a private message from Roku about pushing my software back to 12.5. I can confirm this solved the issue on my end. I recommend you ask for a similar fix when discussing your issue. 

PTznic9yet
Streaming Star

@RokuJanadeeK @RokuJechealR Any updates?

0 Kudos
PTznic9yet
Streaming Star

I just opened a case with Roku support. According to the person I chatted with, this is not an known issue with Roku. I guess this forum isnt directly tied to Roku support or they all full of it. 

0 Kudos
EricS13
Reel Rookie

I have had this problem occur A LOT recently,  But I've noticed when I change the "Sound Mode" it goes away (the crackling and popping)  And then repeat when it happens again... it does get annoying,  But I at least found a quick fix compared to restarting every time.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @PTznic9yet @EricS13 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the issue you've encountered, and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our team is committed to resolving the issue you have encountered with your Roku Audio devices. Could you please provide us with the following information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we'll continue to assist you and proceed with the necessary actions to address the issue at hand.

We hope for your response.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PTznic9yet
Streaming Star

@EricS13  What is sound mode? I don’t see that in my Roku settings.

0 Kudos
PTznic9yet
Streaming Star

@RokuTakashi I posted my system info 4 months ago. Roku has done absolutely nothing to help. 

0 Kudos
Manny3

I have the same problem

0 Kudos
EricS13
Reel Rookie

When youu are watching a show/movie and it starts happening,  Hit the * button on remote and it will be the second menu item from the Top. You have to do it while a streaming app is open.a

0 Kudos
PTznic9yet
Streaming Star

@EricS13 

Thanks, I tried that but it doesnt make a difference in my case.

0 Kudos