Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
breynold76
Channel Surfer

Roku soundbar turning volume up to 100 by itself

I have both the short and long Roku soundbars. They both have the same issue. The long one turns the volume up to 100. The short one turns the volume to 100 but also pushes the home button as well.

I have tested the sound bars on 3 TV's in my home. Same results every time. 

Remote batteries removed and it still happens.

Remote batteries replaced and it still happens.

Remote unpaired and paired again and it still happens.

Turned of sound leveling and it still happens.

Restarted Roku and it still happens.

Full factory reset and it still happens.

If you look at other posts this has been going on for at least a year and still no resolution.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku soundbar turning volume up to 100 by itself

Hi @breynold76,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further. Can you please check if there is a stuck button on your Roku remote? When did the issue start?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
breynold76
Channel Surfer

The problem started about a month ago with the smaller one. We purchased the larger pro last Friday and within a few hours of setup it started. The problem is Definity not as bad with the new pro soundbar as it is with the small one. Even with no batteries in the remote the same thing happens. Just to clarify I took all the batteries out of all the Roku remotes used through the house and only use the phone app and problem does not change.

My family prefers Roku to apple tv, firestick or android(google) tv for it's user friendly interface. With this current problem Roku is unusable.

Also, if it makes a difference I have 4 wireless Roku surround speakers and subwoofer paired to the Roku streambar.

model 9100x

serial number yl00gy573446

software version 12.5.0 build 4178-95

device id l1635g573446

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @breynold76,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information?

• Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Could you send us a video or photo of your running issue?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
breynold76
Channel Surfer

How do you suggest I go about doing that. While it is happening the phantom home button is being pushed. This will negate any attempt to use the remote.

0 Kudos
Mattx24
Reel Rookie

I am running into a similar issue with my Onn Roku Soundbar. The volume on it will slowly go down to 0 on its own. I have tried resetting the soundbar and doing a factory reset. The button isn't stuck as I took the batteries out of the remote and the volume still goes down. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @Mattx24,

Thank you for joining the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing to our attention the audio issue you have been experiencing with your ONN Roku soundbar, and we would like to gather more information about it.

Have you experienced the same issue when using the TV's speaker without the soundbar? 

Please let us know if there are any differences when doing so. This will help us move forward with isolating the issue.

Thank you,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos