Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku soundbar can not be found or connect.

Jump to solution

I had to disconnect a Roku soundbar to use on another TV.

It would not connect so I tried reinstalling the unit back to the original Panasonic TV.

When started it will flash a green light constantly after about 5 seconds.

I have tried pairing the remote again and have gone through all the trouble shooting methods of resetting, unplugging, new batteries, take them out and re-install after rebooting etc. etc.

I can get to the first screen once and awhile where it asks for language and then reverts to the remote screen to contact goroku/remotehelp

The remote will not pair. I do not think you can pair when flashing?

Tried the phone app and it can not find the unit but can find a Roku streaming stick on my other TV

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Roku soundbar can not be found or connect.

Jump to solution

Working! Unplugged the HDMI and power only to pair the remote, worked.

Thanks again, it can be frustrating.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @grahamcracker

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

Thank you for reaching out to us about the issue you are experiencing with setting up your Roku Voice Remote to your Roku Soundbar. We appreciate the effort that you have through all the necessary troubleshooting steps. 

We recommend that you try putting your Roku voice remote into pairing mode during setup. Use the following steps to put your voice remote in pairing mode during setup:

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your remote
  2. Install the new matching batteries
  3. The status light will flash to indicate your remote is in pairing mode
  4. If the status light does not flash, press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds or until you see the status light begin to flash.

When your Roku streaming device detects your remote, it begins the pairing process and displays the following indicator on the screen. After a moment, a direct wireless connection is established and your voice remote is ready to use. If you experience a problem with pairing, learn what you can do to resolve issues connecting your Roku voice remote.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Unfortunately, I have tried your suggestion many times and it will not pair. Just keeps flashing green on the sound bar and reverts to a goroku/remotehelp screen.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@grahamcracker 

Thanks for the following up. 

We're sorry to hear about that. And thank you for testing the suggested steps. Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku Streambar? Each Roku player and Roku audio device has its serial number or device ID printed on the bottom or back of the product.

I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Working! Unplugged the HDMI and power only to pair the remote, worked.

Thanks again, it can be frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@grahamcracker 

Thank you for letting us know that the issue with your Roku Streambar has been resolved. We appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the problem and we're glad to hear that unplugging the HDMI and power to pair the remote worked for you.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos