Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rg2121

Roku only powers on to home screen (as opposed to specific input designated)

I would like my TCL Roku TV (55P605) to start on a specific input or the last input, but no matter what I choose within the system menu, it always starts on the home screen. I am unsure what to do to fix this; I have already reset the TV and have had no luck.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku only powers on to home screen (as opposed to specific input designated)

Hi @rg2121,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry about changing inputs on your TCL Roku TV. Please be advised that since this is a Roku TV, the home operating system will be Roku, so the home screen will always start on Roku. If in any case you want to change input, you should see a list of inputs on the side of your home screen depending on what is plugged in on the back of your TV (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, DVD, etc.). You can also try these steps to change the input:

1. Press Home on your Roku TV remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select TV inputs.
  4. Select which input you want to switch it to.

If there's anything else that we can assist with, please keep us posted.
All the best
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Roku only powers on to home screen (as opposed to specific input designated)

@RokuEuniceL @rg2121  I have an elderly friend who has a TCL Roku TV that I set to always come on to the HDMI input for his cable box.  Works great.  TCL Roku TV is about two years old.  You can go into settings> system> power and set TV to come on to Home Screen, last used input, or a specific HDMI input.  I just check on my TCL Roku TV and setting is still there.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@rg2121 Sorry that I can't help you except to say that it should work.  In the addition to my friends that I mentioned I have an older TCL Roku TV that is very slow.  I attached a chromecast with google TV to HDMI 1 and have that set come on to the input labeled chromecast.  I just checked and it is working fine.  Doesn't matter whether I use the Roku remote or chromecast remote to power on the TV.  Both work as expected.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.