Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agrady77

Roku not working like it used to

My roku used to work fine in my son's room for at least two years it's been there. I too have one in my bedroom which works perfectly. Both equal distance from the router. Nothing new added to the router to impede. His roku shares the wifi hardware is missing. Mine does not. IT IS NOT THE TV as I have seen suggested in other posts, as I took my perfectly good roku and connected it to his TV and it works fine. I took his roku and connected it to my TV which worked perfectly well with the roku moved and it does not work. The common denominator is the roku device. I have restarted and factory reset. It's not picking up my wifi even though the others have. Is it possible that the product is no longer viable? It's last updated was Oct 2023 but it will not allow me to update because it is not even searching for ANY wifi routers in the area to choose from like normal searches do. Please advise!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku not working like it used to

@agrady77, a couple of questions:

• What's the model number of the non-working Roku device as displayed under Settings->System->About?
  • Is the Wireless MAC address that's displayed there all zeros?
  • Just to clarify, it shows no wireless networks to connect to when you scan?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.