Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamTV

Roku needs a big overhaul

I've been using ROKU TV for many years.  When it came out, it was somewhat revolutionary.  As far as I am concerned, it is now just another headache to worry about.  What would make ROKU TV a benefit again?

- Keep track of all my subscriptions and automatically log me in when I get a new ROKU device using my ROKU account.

- If I have a paid subscription (or several) within the ROKU environment, have one bill from ROKU instead of paying each separately.  Also would allow for one place to go to cancel subscriptions.

- If a subscription come with multiple channels (Disney comes with Discover and Hulu, you shouldn't have to setup each channel separately (related to issue 1 above)

These may not be issues to people that have 1 ROKU device setup, but for those with several, it becomes a big pain the a$$.  Work on making life easier for your users instead of adding to the complexities.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Re: Roku needs a big overhaul

@StreamTV 

As a fellow huge Roku user I was interested to see your thoughts. First off I probably have gotten every roku device that would require me to sign in to my different channels when I am setting it up. But honestly, how often do you do that I couldn’t imagine it being that often. I’ve purchased every Roku speaker that they sell and the set up process was the easiest thing possible I literally think 70-year-old mom could do it. 

through my Roku account I have paid for two streaming channels and I also pay for my Roku cameras. I’m not sure how you look at your bill, but I can go on my Roku account and see them all right there. I canceled both streaming accounts because I wasn’t watching them them and it took me like two seconds to do that so is it really that challenging? It didn’t feel like it for at least. 
 My biggest concern and I’m not seeing anyone else talk about this issue and it’s more of a company issue is that I used to walk into stores and all the TV brands Use Roku as the operating system. That has drastically changed if I’m being honest and it scares me a bit. It’s my sense that producing their own TVs is the reason why which is fine but I think it would be important to continue having other TV manufacturers use Roku operating system. For example, my TCL Roku TV is great, but if I went to the store and bought a new TCL TV I do not believe Roku‘s are Their operating system provider anymore. What’s up with that? That’s my main concern

0 Kudos