Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benite02

Roku motion sensor sending notifications when I’m home

Jump to solution

I have the Roku home monitoring kit. It’s perfect for my tiny apartment but the motion sensor I put in the bedroom (because when we are gone no one should be in there) sends me notifications all day when we move around. I have it deselected on the home mode and only selected on the away mode but that seems to just turn off the alarm on the home base thing and doesn’t turn off motion notifications when I’m home.

Is there anyway to automatically turn off notifications while home or do I just need to manually remember to turn them on and off as I leave?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku motion sensor sending notifications when I’m home

Jump to solution

Hi, @benite02

It's great to see new users here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information, and we'd be more than glad to assist. At of the moment, there's no feature to automatically turn off the notification of your Roku Smart Home app while you're at home, and you would need to manually set your notification to your preference. For the meantime, we can recommend to lessen the notification that you receive. For more information regarding this, please refer to this support article at How to reduce the number of unwanted Roku Smart Home notifications.

If there's anything we can do to assist you further, please let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @benite02

It's great to see new users here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information, and we'd be more than glad to assist. At of the moment, there's no feature to automatically turn off the notification of your Roku Smart Home app while you're at home, and you would need to manually set your notification to your preference. For the meantime, we can recommend to lessen the notification that you receive. For more information regarding this, please refer to this support article at How to reduce the number of unwanted Roku Smart Home notifications.

If there's anything we can do to assist you further, please let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Noneyabiz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not a solution, In fact another aggravatiing ROKU factor to look for another product. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Noneyabiz,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. We'd like to investigate and try to help.

Would you mind elaborating more on the issue that you're having:

• What specific Roku device you're having issues with?
  • Are there any error codes?
  • When did you start having this issue?
  • What steps have you taken so far in an attempt to fix the issue

With a few more details, we'll be able to p[provide you with an accurate response. We're anticipating your response.

All the best,

Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Noneyabiz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It should be on self evident that I'm having the same issue WITH THE ALARM OFF  as the person who posted:

Roku motion sensor sending notifications when I’m home  Roku knows about it. It hasn't been fixed. And people are being aggravated by it.. The work around is not a solution, in fact another aggravatiing ROKU factor to look for another product.

Further.

The countdown feature cannot be silenced while being (takes to long annoying) armed.

You cannot immediately turn off the alarm, so you can try and hear an intruder where they are in your home. You have to wait and enter a pin number to shut the alarm off, by then, the intruders on top of you!

0 Kudos