GoMike

Roku finds no Samsung soundbar

I just setup a Roku Plus 65". Beautiful image. Weak sound. On BB recommendation I'm setting up Samsung Soundbar w woofer. Everything plugged in. Soundbar says BT PAIRING but the TV can't discover it under the searching for wireless soundbar. Suggestions? Thanks

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku finds no Samsung soundbar

Hi @GoMike,

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

Please be advised that for your soundbar to function appropriately, kindly ensure your Roku device has the same network as your external audio device when you use a wireless speaker. Additionally, using wired connectors when utilizing your soundbar to maximize compatibility will be more effective. To do so, you need to make sure that you connect your HDMI cable to the eARC or ARC port on your Roku TV.

For more help and information, kindly check out this article: How to set up your Roku TV Ready soundbar.

Let us know what you find out.
All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
SioCat

I just received a used Samsung Soundbar - it turns on and will even reset, but my Insignia Roku TV will not find it, even with it directly under the TV. I know its an older TV, especially as it doesn't even had a Bluetooth option on the TV settings, but it has the option for wireless speakers/soundbars. Will it only work with a Roku device and not the samsung? Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @SioCat

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate your inquiry. Does your Roku TV have an HDMI port at the back of it? To successfully connect your Roku TV to a non-Roku Soundbar, it needs to be connected using HDMI, HDMI ARC/eARC on the TV, and HDMI IN on the soundbar.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SURENotE

Same deal.  Roku has snuck in technology that forces you to buy THEIR Bluetooth sound bars, etc.  My Samsung Sound Bar works well with the HDMI Arc port or the digital audio cord.  But the Bluetooth is useless for non-Roku products.  But who wants to look at all those cords and wires?  Roku's speakers can't hold a flame to the sound produced by actual speaker manufacturers, so they essentially lie when they sell you their "smart" TV (It is smart because it only syncs up with it's family of pricey, sub-par products).  Smart, but unfair and greedy and is something we don't need in a civilized society.  Get your life in order, Roku. 

0 Kudos
SURENotE

Correct.  Roku is shady. 

0 Kudos