Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MyRTV23
Binge Watcher

Roku Plus Series X01300YS96XD 55" tv keeps repeating live tv

Jump to solution

In November 2023 we purchased a Roku brand 55" tv. We have been experiencing a lot of issues with the tv constantly repeating during live tv broadcasts. It started out as an occasional issue. Lately, it happens 3-5 times every half hour when watching main tv channels. It doesn't happen on streaming channels. However, I don't use the pause option on my streaming channels, as it doesn't always work and the pause is for live tv.  Today, I was watching a show over antenna tv. I have a memory stick in the USB port (for pausing live tv, and it has more than sufficient space). The tv kept repeating and then it garbles to catch up. Then there was a delay between the actors/broadcasters speaking and the movement of their mouths. 

I have contacted ROKU support 3 times since January. The first chat rep took my info, made recommendations and asked me to see if some possible fixes resolved the issue (reset network, check for updates, hard shutdown, reset modem). I tried the fixes and nothing resolved the issue. Per her suggestion, I was to contact Roku support again. At this point, the representative said that my concern had been escalated to engineering and they would contact me. I have yet to hear back from anyone.

Today, I reached out again because the repeating is getting really bad. Unfortunately, I connected with a chat rep who really could have cared less about my issue. He just kept suggesting that I do the same things that I have done over and over. I let him know and he repeated the suggestions as if I were an absolute idiot and never used a tv before. He did nothing to help, would not put me in touch with a supervisor, or escalate my concern. He gave me a phone number and the link to Roku support and told me to either get service from the retailer or call the 408-556-9391 number. I might try the phone number, but really feel like Roku is  dropping the ball on a defective product. 

I bought this tv so that I could pause live tv. I had a TCL tv before this and never had these issues. I regret this purchase. Does anyone have any suggestions or possible fixes? I would expect a tv to work properly for longer than a couple of weeks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku X01300YS96XD 55" tv keeps repeating live tv

Jump to solution

It doesn't sound like you've tried anything with the USB flash drive.  I'd try taking it out, reformatting it in a computer, and then put it back in and let the TV reformat again.  If that doesn't work, try a different USB flash drive.  Maybe a different brand.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
39 REPLIES 39
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It doesn't sound like you've tried anything with the USB flash drive.  I'd try taking it out, reformatting it in a computer, and then put it back in and let the TV reformat again.  If that doesn't work, try a different USB flash drive.  Maybe a different brand.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MyRTV23
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for your suggestion. I let the tv format the memory stick, but never thought to format it first with my computer. I will give it a shot. I appreciate your fast input.

0 Kudos
MyRTV23
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I swapped the first drive out for a new one. Both formatted by the tv in the setup process. I just didn't think to format in the computer first and then the tv. I never had this issue with my TCL. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MyRTV23,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your streaming issues on your Roku TV. Please let us know if you are still encountering any issues after doing the suggested steps mentioned by @renojim and we'll be glad to assist you.

Have a good day!

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MyRTV23
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried formatting two different USB sticks in the computer and then with the tv. Unfortunately, the problem is still happening. Within the past 5 minutes it has happened 3 times.

0 Kudos
MyRTV23
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi there. I was really hoping that the USB formatting trick would eliminate the problem. Unfortunately, I'm sitting here watching my tv and within 5 minutes the tv repeated and garbled 3 times. Still hoping for a simple resolution. When I googled this issue initially, there were several posts online (not on the Roku community) about the repeating issue. None offered any resolution.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @MyRTV23.

We're happy to continue assisting.

Could you tell us the specific live TV channel or show that has this issue? We'd like to investigate this further with a few more details.

We're hoping for your response.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MyRTV23
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes. In the Chicago market the following channels have an issue with repeating. 
32-1, 2.1, 48.3, 5.1, 5.2, 7.1, 9.1, 9.2, 9.4, 11.1, 11.2, 11.3, and 26.6. It’s essentially every local channel in the market. There are more digital channels in the market, but they are not channels that I watch. 

0 Kudos
MyRTV23
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Side note..... The repeating issue doesn't happen when there isn't a flash drive in the USB port. It only happens when there IS a flash drive in the USB port. I originally had a 16GB stick and now I have a 32GB.

May 22, 2024  Update. I took the flash drive out of the USB port. Right before my eyes the tv started repeating.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.