Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrMann
Reel Rookie

Roku TV won't update to 11.5.0.4235

Jump to solution

I have an ONN Roku TV running on software version 10.0.0. Everything works fine except for Disney Plus which says I need to update the Roku.

I can check for updates, but when I hit the update button nothing happens.

Just to be clear, my Roku can find the update, and give me the option to update, but it won't actually update.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MrMann
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV won't update to 11.5.0.4235

Jump to solution

UPDATE: I did a factory reset. That fixed it (as much of a pain as that was).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
bri_bri
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine has been having the same problem. I've tried resetting my internet connection and everything and still nothing. And all of my apps are working fine, except Disney Plus, as well. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Have you tried to update from a USB flash drive?

Roku | TV USB Updater

Another idea would be to try connecting to an alternate network like your phone's hotspot to see if you can get it to update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MrMann
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried updating from Wi-Fi as well as mobile hotspot.

When I tried the USB update the Roku said it didn't recognize any files on the USB 🙁

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@MrMann, you might want to ask onn if they have any ideas.  They may just point you right back to Roku, but it's worth a shot.  Maybe they have another way to do a USB update.

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support

It's been a while since I did the USB update thing and I do remember having a little bit of a problem with it, but I can't remember exactly what it was.  The following procedure is for when your TV hasn't been set up and linked to a Roku account yet.  You could get back to that state with a factory reset, but if you did that the update may not even require the USB method.  I usually only recommend a factory reset as a last resort.

How to use USB to update your unconnected Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MrMann
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

UPDATE: I did a factory reset. That fixed it (as much of a pain as that was).

0 Kudos
bri_bri
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried this, and it still wont update but my internet works fine. It keeps showing up to try again later but now I can't do anything until it updates. 

DLJ189
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

my roku tv received the update but immediatly afterward it dropped internet and I cannot get it back. so beware of the update. neither philips nor roku has any suggestions how to fix it. smart tv just downgraded to regular tv. no fix offered.

0 Kudos
balletd
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yikes, I’m experiencing the exact same issue. For almost three weeks, I have not been able to watch Disney Plus on my Sanyo Roku TV. I thought I tried everything. I noticed the tv did not have the latest update, which doesn’t matter because the tv keeps displaying an “error” (Error 005) every single time I try to update it. I took your advice and did a factory reset… to no avail. NOW, I can’t even get to the home page or anything beyond the “choose your network” screen. 

To say I am annoyed and irritated is an understatement. 

balletd
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m experiencing the exact situation- any resolution? 

0 Kudos