Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shankar083

Roku TV stuck on black screen please help.

My mom bought a 70" Roku TV after the last one broke. I changed the brightness to "brighter" and the screen flicked off. I've gone through all the tricks online to reset the TV and sometimes it works but now what ever I try to do doesn't work. I'll get a quick flicker of the screen, but that's it. The rest of the TV works fine, it still makes sounds navigating through the menu. Anything else I can do other than a complete reset? I really don't want to take it back to the store to get it repaired. My mom is already angry about me "ing up her TV.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV stuck on black screen please help.

Hi @shankar083,

A warm welcome here in the Roku community! 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. No worries; we're here to help!

Did you already try to change the brightness setting on your TV? Also, please provide us with a video clip or picture of the issue you see to investigate further.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ThatPlatypus
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV stuck on black screen please help.

Most likely there is nothing you can do. Try the steps in this thread https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/OS-11-5-Roku-TV-TCL-Black-Screen-on-display/m-p/830524. This did not fix it for the majority of people that are experiencing the issue that sounds identical to yours, so you're probably best off returning it if you can, and go for a different brand.

0 Kudos