Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku TV's for Hospitality/Hotels using Guest Mode

We have been going through the same struggle. We have over 40 Roku TVs and for some reason, sometimes we can't see the guest mode TVs on our login. We have guests who have told us that they are currently logged into guest mode and can't seem to add additional channels that they are subscribed to. 

We are also looking at other alternatives if we cant' get a good grip on these. We manage remotely, so we're heavily reliant on technology to support our guests. 

0 Kudos
Davio1
Reel Rookie

I would never buy another ROKU TV for a rental unit. The incredibly long amount of time it takes to start up guest mode is beyond absurd. A guest wants to watch Jeopardy at 7, so they turn the ROKU TV on for the first time, and they miss half the show before they can even watch live air TV. And if there internet is down, fuggedaboutit - no air tv!!! The ROKU TVs should DEFAULT to Air TV immediately on startup, and let the guest go to guest mode only when they choose streaming.

I recently replaced a ROKU TV with a "dumb" TV and a ROKU stick for just that reason. (Insignia makes a 43" HD TV with all the other bells and whistles (e.g. HDMI ARC) for a buck fifty.). 

0 Kudos
VTbears
Binge Watcher

SimplySuite - Are you having these issues again since Saturday? We are.

Did you come up with any other solutions? Last time, Roku fixed something mysterious behind the scenes, and everything started working again for everyone, but that hasn't happened this time yet.

0 Kudos
jober
Reel Rookie

In Guest Mode, have you found any way to add which APPs you want it to start with and exclude some APPs from being reset on the guests check out date?

VTbears
Binge Watcher

That would be a great feature, but my understanding is it's not available right now. It would be great if Roku would publish a list of features they are working on, or perhaps the results of their survey from earlier this year about what features people would like to see.

DonMeister

All great points! I manage 8 short term rental properties currently with 18 tv's, but about to add more, so concerned about the max of 20 devices per account. Love the functionality of the guest mode, but having some issues with previously purchased Fire (Insignia) tv's, that don't seem to want to pair with the 4k streaming sticks. Having difficulty using remote to power tv on and off after setup. Before replacing these tv's with a Roku brand just wondering if anyone else has had issues using Roku devices with Fire tv's and what the fix may be.

Thanks!

VTbears
Binge Watcher

I also had issues using a Roku stick with Fire TV. The solution was replacing with a Roku TV.

I want to re-iterate here, and hope others do as well, that an API to set Guest Mode messages, and check out of guest mode would be greatly appreciated by those of us who use Roku TV in a hospitality setting.

We are a group that introduces a great, great number of users to their first experience with Roku, and anything Roku can do to make that experience better by helping us be good hosts will be good for their user adoption.