Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuitarMan
Roku Guru

Re: Way too bright!!

Jump to solution

Ok, so if it doesn't look like the pictures and you can adjust the picture setting to your liking when you're actually watching something, personally the brightness on the TV's menu wouldn't really bother me.  I don't spend that much time in there anyway. 

Each person has their own tolerance for annoyances but compared to your brightness issue, I personally have so many more problems and annoyances with my own system including issues with the TV, a soundbar, my cable box, my Apple TV 4K, my cable company's app, etc... that if a bright main menu was the only thing that annoyed me, I'd consider myself lucky. 

demsd
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It's quite bright on both my 40 & 50 inch TVs. I don't think it can be changed.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@GuitarMan wrote:

It's hard to tell from the pictures but just based on those pics it looks like the TV has a really bright hot spot in the middle of the screen that shouldn't be there.  Mine definitely doesn't look like that. 

I think it is the Graphene wallpaper specifically.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
Shirlula

Re: Roku Home Screen Way too bright!!

Jump to solution

I have the same issue!  The Roku Home Screen is way too bright, its like the Backlight goes up to 100% when you hit the Home button on the Roku Remote.  This happens to me on 2 different Roku TVs from 2 different manufacturers (55" TCL and 65" Element Electronics).  

There is no way to change the Backlight level on the Roku Home Screen, it defaults to 100%.  This is bad because it unnecessarily shortens the life of the Backlight LEDs (at 100% brightness) if someone leaves the Roku Home Screen and Roku Screen Saver ON most of the time.  

The best way to experience this issue is to watch a movie in a dark room, and set "Normal" or "Dark brightness" in Picture Settings for that movie.  During playback, hit the Home button on the remote and notice how much brighter the Roku Home Screen is compared to the movie/input.  I think the solution for this issue is for the Roku Home Screen to inherit the Backlight setting from previous input or app/movie.  Or set the Roku Home Screen backlight setting to anything less than 100% (maybe 70-75% would be good).

Roku, please fix this Roku Home Screen too bright issue!

TechieGuy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You can download the Roku app on your phone and once connected to your TV you can go into expert settings and tone it down. The app has more settings then the TV itself.

0 Kudos
SethNorton
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm in the app under the Expert Picture Settings and I see now where to change the home menu brightness. 

0 Kudos
Qmmayer

Jump to solution

When I try to get to the expert settings on the app while on the Home Screen, it tells me that I must have a specific input running (DVD, streamer) in order to access. Did you not run into that?

SethNorton
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, I can only control the brightness while inside of an app watching media. Or while using an external input like hdmi 1.

0 Kudos
3terps
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Is 2022 and this hasn't been addressed!

C'mon is not that hard, what do we need to do to get Roku to give us the setting ??

0 Kudos
3terps
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

where can we ask for the feature request???   Just need to add a 'backlight level' setting for the main menu! that's all

0 Kudos