Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harrison2
Reel Rookie

Roku TV high pitched screech noise

Was there ever a firm solution to this? I’m having the exact same issue. Brand new 50" Class Select Series 4K Smart RokuTV. Same exact high pitched noise that only starts when the tv itself is turned off.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV high pitched screech noise

Hi, @Harrison2!

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the sound issue you're experiencing with your Roku TV, and we want you to know that we're here to help.

We would appreciate it if you could provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing. Can you tell us when this problem first started occurring? Additionally, does this behavior occur when using any other channels on your device? Lastly, have you made any recent changes to the settings on your Roku TV? 

Tell us more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Harrison2
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuElmer-H

The problem began the first day I received the TV and set it up (last Thursday). The TV only makes the noise when it is turned off—not when any of the channels or Home Screen are on. And I haven’t made any changes to the default settings since setting it up. As far as I know, everything is still on the default settings (aside from connecting to WiFi, logging into my Roku account, and downloading my channels/apps). Nothing is plugged into the TV except the power cord it came with.

Fwiw, my TV is mounted to a wall, but it sounds like the pulsing, high pitched noise is coming from the back of the TV right at the center-bottom (behind the word “Roku” on the TV itself). Once I turn on the TV, the noise stops. And after turning the TV off, the noise doesn’t start until about 10 minutes of having it completely off. The software is up to date (currently version 12.5.0).

Happy to provide whatever additional info you need! Thanks! 

0 Kudos
raccoons
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same experience as Harrison, also a 50” Select Series 4K. Installed last night, no settings changed, no devices plugged in. Software version 12.5.0 build 5101-ET

0 Kudos
RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Harrison2 @raccoons!

Thank you for reaching out and explaining your concern. We require more information to investigate this further, so we will send you a private message. Please check your inbox.

Thanks,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
raccoons
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuElmer-H,

Just checking in on this to see what we can do to resolve it. Happy to provide any additional info you need.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Harrison2
Reel Rookie

@raccoons fwiw, I replied to @RokuElmer-H‘s private message with all of the additional info requested last Thursday and I haven’t received a response…pretty disappointing. 

0 Kudos
RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Harrison2!

Thank you for getting back to us.

We apologize for the delayed response and thank you for your patience during this process. We would like to inform you that we have escalated your issue to the appropriate Roku Team. Please check your inbox and email address as we have sent the relevant details there. Rest assured that we are working diligently to address your concern as soon as possible.

Please feel free to ask me any further questions you may have. I am more than happy to assist you.

Thanks,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
raccoons
Reel Rookie

@RokuElmer-H Could you send the details to my email as well? I never received anything in my inbox in the first place.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @raccoons!

We have received your request for information to be sent to your personal email. We will send you a private message. 

Kindly check your inbox and let me know when you receive it.

Regards,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos