Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV Wrong Time Zone & No Way to Correct

Jump to solution

@PaulKeepsItReal, on a Roku TV the System Restart is under the Power settings.  You can always just unplug the power from a TV to restart it.  I suspect people updating to the same OS version aren't doing anything other than a system restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Leekm1

Jump to solution

We just had the same problem — the time was 90 minutes off and our channel menu was mostly blank—and fortunately unplugging the Roku box from power and plugging it back in solved the issue. It fixed the time and our channels are back. 🤷🏻‍♀️

0 Kudos
wyogirl68

Jump to solution

I tried everything here with no luck. I finally did a factory reset and it worked. It sucks, but after hours trying everything under the sun, this would have been quicker. Good luck

0 Kudos
Maxtown

Jump to solution

I manually change to eastern time zone but local station are still in central time zone. 

0 Kudos
dwtucker

Jump to solution

This is EXACTLY the issue I am having. Has this been addressed anywhere?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@dwtucker

Thanks for the post.

When did you start to see this issue occur? As a last resort, have you already tried to perform a factory reset on your Roku device to see if that resolves the issue?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your Roku

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
judihan

Jump to solution

We had this same problem were able to correct the time by unplugging the router (but not the modem) and plugging it back in.  Then the correct time appeared.  

0 Kudos
RCM112

Jump to solution

Did you ever get yours to have the right time? I’m dealing with this right now. Same **bleep** issue

gds707ca
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I ended up doing a factory reset multiple times (I think I even accessed the "secret" menu mentioned in other posts in this thread.  I just kept factory resetting it until it finally worked.  I don't remember now, but it must have been nearly 5 attempts or so.  Just ridiculous, and Roku's support has been effing horrible.

0 Kudos
PaulKeepsItReal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was able to get the issue resolved. There are two settings, "home" and "store," buried somewhere in one of the menus. I think it's when you initially set it up. Anyhow, you aren't allowed to change many settings when the TV is in "store" mode to prevent shoppers from messing with the TV.

Once I transitioned the TV to the "home" use setting, the issue was no longer a problem.

0 Kudos