Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeFabeets

Re: Roku TV Wrong Time Zone & No Way to Correct

Jump to solution

Ugh. I just spent the last hour redownloading all of the software and signing everything into my accounts. I sure would hate to have to do it four to five times again. You are correct about it needing the correct time for the live TV Guide.

0 Kudos
JoeFabeets

Jump to solution

Here is how you fix it. Settings. System. Power. System Restart. 

Jump to solution

You may have already seen this but I just did it and it worked for me do this “home (5 times) FF (3x) REW (2x)” this will take you to a, I think manufacturers menu, anyway I scrolled down to update hit that they stated I was updating to the same update I did it anyway, my tv then reset itself and everything is fine now. I hope you understand what I’m trying to explain to you, that’s more on my directions than on your understanding it. Good luck.

Reree

Jump to solution

Thanks this fixed my time problem 

0 Kudos
PaulKeepsItReal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The menu on the TV that is being discussed on this message thread does not have the options you are advising. There is no "time" function. There is no "System Restart" function. The problem with this TV is that a number of crucial features are missing from the menu options. That is why we are all complaining. Not because we are idiots that don't understand how to change the time in a menu setting, but because the menu is incomplete and does not have the features of a regular Roku device. 

Everyone replying with a simple "System Update-System Restart" or "Set Time" comment needs to read the previous comments. It's simply not that simple, those options aren't available on this TV for some reason and that is the root of the problem, not the solution.

PaulKeepsItReal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, @idstealer000 .

I tried this. It's cool that you can access a "Secret Screen" within the Roku menu directory, but unfortunately it didn't update my clock, so I'm still reading Pacific Time even though I'm in Mountain Time.

gds707ca
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku's customer support on this issue has been atrocious, at best, and more like non-existent.  It took me days to resolve this problem, without any help whatsoever from Roku.

Why on earth this TV has a different version of the Roku OS, that is handcuffed in this way, is beyond me.  I ultimately ended up having to do multiple factory resets until finally, finally, the problem resolved itself.  If my significant other didn't like Roku so much for this TV (we actually have 2 of these Roku TVs in our RV), I'd have switched to Amazon FireTV Stick 4K streamers like all of the TVs at the house.  Not that they're perfect – far from it – but at least they work properly for me.

vsatc

Jump to solution

Reset the system

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I just fixed my time zone problem. Push the homme button 5x then the ff button 3x and the rewind button 2x a menu will pop up and choose software update. I had to do the process 2x the 1st time the time changed but wasn't correct so I did it again and the correct time displayed 

gds707ca
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah, that comment is helpful. Thanks

0 Kudos