Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maverick_7
Reel Rookie

Roku TV Plus remote not controlling Ps5

Jump to solution

I just Roku tv plus series and I love it, but I have one problem. I can not get the Roku tv remote to control my PlayStation 5 through HDMI-CEC which should allow basic functions like watching a Blu-ray with my tv remote. I thought this was standard for smart tv’s to do. I called Roku customer support and they told me the Roku remote was not programmed to control the ps5, but if I get a universal remote that will control the Ps5 through the Roku remote. I will greatly appreciate and advice on this issue. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku tv remote not controlling Ps5

Jump to solution

Roku devices have limited CEC control. They will control the volume on a TV or AVR, will power both of them off/on, and pressing the home button will make the TV and/or AVR change to the HDMI port the Roku is connected to. That's it. There's no ability to control any other function on any other device in the HDMI chain. 

Sorry, it will not control the PS5. A universal IR remote that can control both the Roku and the PS5 is your only single remote option, and I'm assuming the PS5 has an IR receiver built in. If it does not, then there is no single remote option available for those devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku tv remote not controlling Ps5

Jump to solution

Roku devices have limited CEC control. They will control the volume on a TV or AVR, will power both of them off/on, and pressing the home button will make the TV and/or AVR change to the HDMI port the Roku is connected to. That's it. There's no ability to control any other function on any other device in the HDMI chain. 

Sorry, it will not control the PS5. A universal IR remote that can control both the Roku and the PS5 is your only single remote option, and I'm assuming the PS5 has an IR receiver built in. If it does not, then there is no single remote option available for those devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.