knknechtel
Channel Surfer

Roku TV Constantly Loses Sound

I have an Roku TV (Onn). About a week ago, every time I turn my tv on the sound doesn’t work. I have to go into settings - system - power and restart my tv. unplugging it also works. and then my volume will start working again. Previously, this occurred maybe once a month so wasn’t a huge deal. but now it does it anytime I turn my tv off, even if I turn it off and immediately back on. Please help. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
aquos
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV Constantly Loses Sound

this is a joke mine goes out of sync loses sound and now the guide wont load unless i reset

about to go to firestick

FIX IT ROKU WE PAID FOR WORKING DEVICES!

0 Kudos
Jo28
Reel Rookie

My Roku TV does the same thing, and I thought I'd muted it. I found after taking the TV off of the wall and searching the device (it's a Walmart ONN brand Roku RV) that there is a little reset button on the TV itself. I don't have to take it down now, just use a pencil point to push in the reset button which is on the side of the TV. Nothing else has to be reset or restarted. It's not the solution to an obvious problem, just a work around. The voice out of sync is more annoying-like watching a badly dubbed film.

0 Kudos
knknechtel
Channel Surfer

@Jo28 do you have to do that every time? I get my to work by doing a system restart in the settings but that’s every time I turn it on, so I was wondering if yours was left. that’s the exact same tv I have, I believe. 

0 Kudos
Azbuck66

I have the same issue. In various posts this is an issue that was reported over 3 years ago and Roku has yet to address it in any meaningful way other than telling people to restart which is only a temporary fix. I have an Amazon Fire stick and have never once experienced an issue with it, much less one this annoying. I’m going to be dumping Roku and going back to it. Obviously ROKU has little to no interest in fixing issues reported to them. And this is a system wide issue since it is affecting ALL Roku products from tvs to streaming sticks. 

0 Kudos
Jo28
Reel Rookie

Thanks, something to look into!

0 Kudos