Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku-TV Bug: Certain Apps, On wake-up, will leave to home screen and download new channel

On some apps, such as YouTube and Funimation, if you wake it up from the sleep/inactivity screen, it will bring you to the home screen and start downloading a random application. 

steps to reproduce:

1. open YouTube channel

2. wait for inactivity screen to appear

3. once inactivity screen appears, press “Ok” or “Play” button on remote.

expected behavior:

youtube reloads with video paused. 

actual behavior:

Home Screen is loaded. 
Random channel download begins.

Labels (4)
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku-TV Bug: Certain Apps, On wake-up, will leave to home screen and download new channel

@Jacob-Bordelon

Thanks for the post.

When the screen is inactivate, have you tried pressing any other button, such as a directional button, to see if you are experiencing the same issue occur? It's possible that you're selecting something on screen when you press the OK or Play button when you are trying to wake the device back up.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gbgbgb
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku-TV Bug: Certain Apps, On wake-up, will leave to home screen and download new channel

Having the same issue. Roku 3

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@gbgbgb 

Many of these issues are normally tied to a Screensaver with embedded ads.  By pressing the OK button too many times basically just installs an advertised Channel/app.

Try using a default Roku Screensaver and see if issue is resolved.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

gbgbgb
Reel Rookie

I'm thinking this may be it. I did change the screensaver.

It's weird, b/c it's been the same screensaver for quite a while, but my son reported that this had started fairly recently.

Oh well.

Thanks for the idea!