Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BOKANYI

Roku Streaming Stick Will Not Allow Live ABC

Signed in to ABC on my PC as instructed and indicated my provider was Direct TV. Roku Streaming Stick 4K gives a message that ABC does not stream live TV on Direct TV, which is of course not true. My wife is watching the local ABC news on direct TV as I type this. Is the error ABC's or Roku's, and how do I fix it?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
HellBound
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Streaming Stick Will Not Allow Live ABC

ABC is a Television Network and Direct TV is a Television Provider. TV networks sell it's programing to TV Providers. Most TV Networks have two sales tiers, Device and Streaming. Direct TV likely only purchased the Device tier. That is why you can watch it in other places but not on Roku ABC app.

Also, ABC/Disney is always getting removed from Cable and Satellite systems because the two entities can never agree on a price. I'm assuming Direct TV did not want to pay the price for streaming.

Make sure you provide feedback about this to Direct TV or it will never get resolved.

0 Kudos
Mike845

Re: Roku Streaming Stick Will Not Allow Live ABC

I got around this by using my smart TV. I was able to download the ABC app with my smart TV avoiding the Roku entirely, and I logged to my Verizon account that way and it worked. I'd assume this will work with most smart TV's 

0 Kudos