Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BBuckles05
Reel Rookie

Re: streambar experiencing audio/bass distortion and crackling problem

I've had the popping sound with every streaming app. I got a DM saying they were pushing me downgraded software for the OS . still no help ... .

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @BBuckles05

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We have taken note of the issue you raised and have reached out to you through a private channel. A message has been sent to your inbox containing important information that we would like to discuss with you. Please check your inbox at your earliest convenience so that we can assist you further.

Hoping for your response.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JORCATROV
Reel Rookie

I have tried everything suggested in this and other forums:

Unplugging and plugging, reseting, factory resetting, chaning sound settings, I even created a new user account and installed some apps. Software is up to date. The problem persists.

I've even used extension cords to plug the steambar to different wall outlets throughout the house. Also tested voltage with multimeter to be sure no voltage surges are happening.

The distortion and cracling occurs throughout the system, all apps, bluetooth, HDMI, etc.

ZeroNull
Streaming Star

I've made my own post four months ago and it seems I will not receive an actual solution. I've tried every suggested solution I found online too which did absolutely nothing. I've factory reset nearly everyday. I've made sure all cables are plugged in. I've left everything unplugged for more than 24 hours. I replaced HDMI cable. I've made certain everything is updated. I did it all and it kills me that after plugging them in, resetting, and after going through the process of setting it all up the speakers still sound like trash. I've went as far as purchasing new speakers and had the same issue! 

My solution to everyone that has this issue is to not use Roku products. You're better off with a more reliable sound system than this cheaply made garbage. Might as well try to sell them to get some money back. 

Roku, please do not respond with your copy/paste response unless it's to say there will be an update that fixes this issue permanently. Thanks. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @ZeroNull

Thanks for the post.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We would like to offer our assistance in resolving the issue. To provide you with further assistance, we have sent you a private message within the Roku Community. Please check your inbox for our message.

We hope to hear back a response from you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
demerski

I too have fallen victim to this widespread bass distortion/buzzing issue.  Support chat was of no real help, they say I have a hardware problem and there is no fix or repair option.

Model: 9102R

Serial: YL0019226850

ID#: 2A1091226850

SW version: 12.5.5 build 4174-95

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @demerski

Thank you for making your first post on the Roku Community. We would like to extend a warm welcome to you and express our gratitude for taking the time to participate in our community.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by the issue you've encountered. Please be assured that we have escalated your concern to the relevant Roku team, who will investigate and work towards a resolution. We appreciate your patience and will keep you updated on any progress made.

We hope for your patience and understanding as we work on this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bozjp
Reel Rookie

This happens in all apps. I have taken all steps recommended in this thread include a full reset of the device. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar speakers with crackling sound

Hi, @Bozjp

Thanks for providing us with the additional information related to the issue that you have encountered.

We wish to inform you that your concern has been forwarded to the appropriate Roku team, and they are currently working diligently to resolve the issue. 

Your patience and understanding are appreciated in this matter. This thread will be informed of any developments as we address this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LCJSTONEWORX
Reel Rookie

Model - 9102CA

Serial - YL007R717605

Software- 12.5.5 build 4174-95

Device ID - 2C1117717605

Tracker ID - 05-072-825

Please be aware that I sent this information to your support team Feb 22, 2024 and still have not recieved an answer.  Please advise. 

0 Kudos