Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AugieM
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Streambar speakers with crackling sound

"........The streambar should be connected to an HDMI ARC port."

Oh really?
Then why is that not mentioned in your website for the Streambar?
Maybe something like, "When not connected to a HDMI ARC port the sound may sound like a blown speaker"!

No, instead your website states,
"4K streaming. Premium audio. All in one. Roku Streambar is the powerful 2-in-1 upgrade with 4K streaming and premium sound for any TV. Hear every detail as you stream your favorite entertainment in brilliant picture quality with crisp, clear dialogue. You’ll be amazed at how something so small can fill your room with sound. Setup is simple with everything you need in the box.

I LOVE the Roku platform, if you take a look at my account you'll see MANY different Rokus.
Unfortunately I do not love the Streambar.

0 Kudos
AugieM
Binge Watcher

TO: RokuTakashi

Don't you mean "All these can be found in Settings > System > About"?

0 Kudos
Chickenfoot86
Reel Rookie

Roku Streambar speakers with crackling sound

Model: 9102EU

Software Version: 12.0.0:4184

Had the Streambar for over a year now, has been great. 

Started getting sound distortion when turning on the TV (have eARC activated and everything set to auto), now have static/old dial up modem sounds coming from the Streambar even when it is on the Home screen with no apps loaded up.

Not found anything remotely like this on the discussions pages so far. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Chickenfoot86,

A warm welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for getting in touch with us about your Roku Streambar. We are sorry to hear about the issue you reported and want to let you know that this is not the typical experience we expect from our products.

We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue arise, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
    steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Chickenfoot86
Reel Rookie

Device Model: 9102EU - Roku Streambar

Serial: YL00EA236555

Software Version: 12.0.0 ° Build 4184-95

Device ID: 2E118E236555

The issue occurs continuously when it is in use, no specific channel - it is when used with live TV, on the Roku Home Screen and any of the channels via the Roku system. 

Tracker ID: 55-359-642

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Chickenfoot86,

We appreciate your response,

We have forwarded your information to our Support team and they will contact you shortly. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need any further assistance.

All the best,

Arjiemar 

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Chickenfoot86
Reel Rookie

I have received an email from support asking for my shipping address and contact number. 

This has been replied to (via email as it did not appear in this thread), but as yet I have not heard anything else back from them. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Chickenfoot86,

Thank you for informing us!

We suggest getting in touch with them directly and checking your email from time to time, or just keeping your lines open.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AlecKow
Reel Rookie

Roku Streambar speakers with crackling sound

Sound quality is always hit or miss with my streambar. Goes in and out, screeching noises, out of sync, you name it. Kinda ridiculous since this thing is barely 2 years old. Serial #: YL003F074121

Trying this forum first, then I’ll be calling customer service if this doesn’t get resolved. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

What's going on? @AlecKow,

A hearty welcome from the Roku Community!

We are sorry to hear about the issue you reported with your Roku Streambar and want to let you know that this is not the typical experience we expect from our products. We're glad for the opportunity to help you today.

We wanted to let you know that we have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to assist you further.

Please feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance!

All the best,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos