cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BRWarren
Channel Surfer

Roku Streambar speakers with crackling sound

Hello,

My Roku Streambar's speakers are crackling and breaking up. The model # is 9102R, serial # is YL002G118601, Software is 12.0 - build 4184-95

Please let me know what can be done.

Thank you

Labels (1)
105 REPLIES 105
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar speakers with crackling sound

Hi @BRWarren,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching us regarding an issue with your Roku Streambar experiencing a crackling sound. Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? How long has the issue been occurring? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team, who can assist you further.
Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BRWarren
Channel Surfer

Hello Chel,

The audio issues started several weeks ago. I've tried replacing all cables and restarted the system by unplugging from the wall and waiting 30 seconds before restarting. The lights are working as normal and navigation and remote seem to be working fine.

Please advise on how to proceed.

Thank you,

Bruce Warren

0 Kudos
BRWarren
Channel Surfer

Hello... I've uploaded my info as requested. What would the next step be?

Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Hi @BRWarren

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

Thank you for your follow-up information. We have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to assist you further.
Best regards,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Diazma16

I have the same issue what’s the remedy? 

0 Kudos
Ginniee
Reel Rookie

I'm experiencing the same horrible sound ssue with my streambar..I received it as a bday gift from the US.  purchased on Amazon US.   I reside in Canada, can't exchange  and have not been able to enjoy it..it's been sitting in a box since. 

Any advice anyone?  

Ginny..

0 Kudos
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Hi @Ginniee

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!
Thank you for giving us this information. We have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to assist you further.
Best regards,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AugieM
Binge Watcher

Has anybody actually gotten a response from Roku that fixes this issue?

I have the same issue, and it seems to have been an issue for a few years now from other posts I have encountered.
It sounds like a speaker (or speakers) have blown in a Streambar
I found a lot of complaints when I Googled 'How to Replace Speakers in a Roku Streambar'.

Just wondering if there is a real response besides, "I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team, who can assist you further."

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AugieM,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding an issue with your Roku Streambar experiencing a crackling sound. Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? How long has the issue been occurring? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team, who can assist you further.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos