AugieM
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Streambar speakers with crackling sound

Did you receive my response?

0 Kudos
AugieM
Binge Watcher

Did you get my response, & how long do I have to wait to get a response?

0 Kudos
BBuckles05
Reel Rookie

Model - 9102RW

Software 12.0.0.4184

SN - YL007k192822

The last week or so the crackling has been getting worse and worse , It sounds like blown speakers .. any update on the fix ? 

Brett

0 Kudos
AugieM
Binge Watcher

All you'll possibly get is a 'canned' response asking for info on the device.
Maybe time for a class action??

Bestgamers
Channel Surfer

To address the crackling and breaking up of the speakers, I recommend trying the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Check the audio connections: Ensure that the audio cables are securely connected to the Streambar and the audio source. Try unplugging and reconnecting the cables to ensure a proper connection.

2. Reset the Streambar: Perform a factory reset on your Roku Streambar. This can typically be done through the settings menu or by pressing a dedicated reset button on the device. Refer to the user manual or Roku's support documentation for specific instructions.

3. Update the software: Make sure your Roku Streambar is running the latest software version. Go to the settings menu and select "System," then "System update" to check for any available updates. Install any updates if they are available.

4. Adjust audio settings: Check the audio settings on your Roku Streambar. Ensure that the volume levels are balanced and not set too high. You may also want to experiment with different audio presets or sound modes to see if that improves the sound quality.

5. Contact Roku support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it is recommended to reach out to Roku's customer support. Provide them with the model number, serial number, and any additional details about the issue you are experiencing. They will be able to provide further guidance or initiate any necessary warranty or repair processes.

Remember to refer to the Roku Streambar's user manual or Roku's support resources for more specific instructions and troubleshooting steps.

0 Kudos

I have similar issue. Audio is distorted. I noticed there was a thread from 2021-2023. Replies I saw simply suggested doing "reset, change cables, update ...". In other words, same suggestions which I sure these users had already tried. 

<serial-number>YL00AP557510</serial-number>
<model-name>Roku Streambar</model-name>
<model-number>9102R</model-number>
<model-region>US</model-region>

<software-version>12.0.0</software-version>
<software-build>4178</software-build>

With so many users complaining, has Roku "really" looked into this issue?

Are you able to reproduce this?

Those are the important questions to answer. If you don't acknowledge the issue, it's unlikely Roku is working to fix it.

BRWarren
Channel Surfer

Hello.... I have followed all instructions for updating etc. with no positive results. I contacted Roku support over a month ago as I was told to do but they have not replied. This is clearly a problem your company knows about but I can't get my problem taken care of. Please let me know how to get this product replaced.

Thank you,

Bruce Warren

I have the same issue with my Roku stream bar. Happened a few months ago and just sounds awful

Serial: YL003C321750

Model: 9102R-Roku Stream bar

Deviceid: 2A10C3321750

guitarboyled
Reel Rookie

Hi everyone, has this issue been solved? I also have a static / crackling sound once in a while. I've tried everything... 

- Resetting the soundbar

- Updating the soundbar

- Using different HDMI cable

- Using an optical cable 

- Using different modes and settings (Roku soundbar)

- Trying different things on the TV

The only thing that resolves the problem is turning the bass all the way down. Obviously this impacts the overall quality of the sound and defeats the purpose why I bought a sound bar in the first place.

Model : 9102X

SN : 2A10C2393664

Lcann88

Is there a fix for this issue? My streambar also started having issues in the last couple of weeks without any known cause (crackling, distortion, sound cutting in and out), it now just sounds like the speakers are completely blown and is unusable. I don’t ever play my tv at a loud level, cables are all new, haven’t changed any settings and it’s like this on all channels. Streambar is roughly a year old and shouldn’t be having these issues yet. Have tried all suggestions and even factory-reset. Nothing helps.

model: 9102CA

serial: YL00FL778883

software version: 12.0.0

device ID: 2C108F778883