Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Goldfish3

Roku Streambar only turns tv off. Not on again.

I have a sharp TV and my new streambar turns the TV off but not on. I've unplugged my device and waited 10 seconds before plugging it back in. Removed the batteries from my remote and re-paired the remote to the streambar. The remote still won't turn the TV back on once switched off. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streambar only turns tv off. Not on again.

The volume and power commands on the streambar remote are roku hdmi-cec commands. The commands are picked up be the streambar via wifi, and then it sends cec signal over the hdmi cable to control whatever tv its connected to. If your Sharp can't accept cec commands when off, its not the streambars fault, its the tv's. Try refreshing the cec devices in the menu of the tv? Make sure the cec feature is turned on? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Goldfish3 

What @Tivoburkee said is correct. However, there is one thing I want to ensure.

You talked about pairing the remote to the Streambar. Fine, you've done that. But nowhere do I see that you attempted to configure your remote for your TV.

Settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes > Voice Remote (In use) > Set up remote for TV control

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Tom_Texas

PERFECT!  That was the fix.  Now the Roku Power button (red on top of remote) turns the TV on/off.  I was using the mic button but this is way better.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Tom_Texas

The generic channels on my smart tv were driving me crazy.

Bought a ROKU Streambar for $99 and turned my every annoying "smart" TV into a ROKU TV.  Now I don't have to watch goofy generic channels as the default every time I turn on the TV (Like logs burning).  The picture seems better and the sound on the small ROKU Streambar is so much better than the 31" Sonos soundbar I used before.  

Now I'm getting a 65" ROKU TV and Soundbar with ROKU speakers for the game room.  

0 Kudos