jaywking

Roku Streambar audio quality question

Hi.  We purchased a Streambar last week and got it set up with no fuss and/or muss.  We have it paired with a TCL 65S555.

To be clear, I am not pretending to be an audiophile, and I promise that I have reasonable expectations for a very reasonably priced sound bar, but the audio quality that I am experiencing does not match the reviews (on wirecutter, on Amazon etc.)  It's hard to say if the quality is better than the TV speakers alone.  

Is it possible I'm doing something incorrectly?  I have played with the audio output settings on the TV, with no real effect.  

Any ideas / thoughts? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar audio quality is... meh

Hi @jaywking,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We're happy to help you with your problems with the audio quality of your Roku stream bar. Please be advised that when listening to your Roku Streambar Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar, you can turn on virtual surround to enjoy a rich and immersive sound experience from all your favorite entertainment. When a Dolby Audio (5.1) surround format is detected, all the surround channels are processed individually and recombined for a spacious and cinematic effect that moves around your room. When listening to a stereo source like music, the left and right channels are mixed and processed intelligently to create an enhanced audio experience that brings you closer to the performance. You can check out this link here for more details on how to adjust sound settings on your Roku audio device.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar audio quality is... meh

Hi Community users,

We will be locking this thread because of its outdated status. If you are still having issues related to this thread, please look through the Community for another thread that addresses the same problem. If there aren't any existing threads, you are more than welcome to create a new one.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos