Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go2User

Roku Streambar audio continues to play after turning TV off

Jump to solution

My Roku Streambar suddenly wont shut down the audio when I turn off my TV.  I've reset the Streambar and reprogrammed the remote, even tried a new remote and the problem persists.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar audio continues to play after turning TV off

Jump to solution

Hi @Go2User,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand your concern that your Roku Streambar continues to be audio streamed even though the TV screen is off. We want to perform a few steps to make sure we are providing the best service.

We recommend trying to disable Fast TV Start feature. You can disable Fast TV Start on your Roku TV at any time using the instructions below:

1. Press Home on your Roku TV remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power
  5. Select Fast TV Start
  6. Highlight Enable 'Fast TV Start', and uncheck the box to disable it

You can visit this Support article for detailed instructions on how to do it: How to listen to music when the screen on your Roku TV is off | Official Roku Support

Thanks again for posting and we hope the suggestions above get everything sorted out!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar audio continues to play after turning TV off

Jump to solution

Hi @Go2User,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand your concern that your Roku Streambar continues to be audio streamed even though the TV screen is off. We want to perform a few steps to make sure we are providing the best service.

We recommend trying to disable Fast TV Start feature. You can disable Fast TV Start on your Roku TV at any time using the instructions below:

1. Press Home on your Roku TV remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power
  5. Select Fast TV Start
  6. Highlight Enable 'Fast TV Start', and uncheck the box to disable it

You can visit this Support article for detailed instructions on how to do it: How to listen to music when the screen on your Roku TV is off | Official Roku Support

Thanks again for posting and we hope the suggestions above get everything sorted out!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos