RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar Sound Quality Issues

Hi, @Wise9owl

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate your for sharing this information with us, and we'd be more than willing to assist. Could you please provide the following details below for us to investigate the issue you've encountered?

• Roku OS version.
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MAL2
Reel Rookie

Been having the same problem for at least 6 months.  it driving my wife crazy.  Is there a fix to this?

SN: 2A10C8006813

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MAL2,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about your experience with your Roku Streambar for a while now. We'd love to take a closer look at this to see how we can help. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify) In addition, what specific troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
htporst
Reel Rookie

Hi Chel, 

It occurs on all content and channels e.g. Sling (any channel), Apple TV, Netflix, etc. What happens is there will either be a beep, or a single loud quick static-like noise and then the volume goes really quiet that I have to increase the volume to in the 20s. To get it to resolve, I have to restart the system which I am now having to do at least once a day. 

Thanks!

Heather 
0 Kudos
MAL2
Reel Rookie

Hello Chel,

i thought i responded to this already, but just in case...

It hapeens on all apps/channels.  It doesnt happen all the time, but when it does, the only fix is to unplug and replug.  As far as troubleshooting is concerned, we have done the following:

1.  Swapped HDMI cables with another that works fine on our other streambar.

2. Plugged both HDMI cables previously mentioned into another port in the back of the TV.

3. Looked for updates on the roku streambar.

We arent sure what else to try... but i dont want to trash it.  We did buy another streambar, but would still love to get this one working so i can give it to my mom.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @htporst, @MAL2,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you with your Roku Streambar. Also, we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've taken to try to resolve the issue. We want nothing more than to have you uninterrupted streaming. We'll be collecting some details related to your Roku device and the app itself.

The appropriate Roku team will only be able to investigate the issue further with more information. Please provide the following information:

• Roku OS version.
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID.).

We look forward to hearing your response and receiving your device details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ladywick

What kind of response is everyone getting from Roku on this issue? Are they replacing these stream bars or telling you it is out of warranty and to buy a new one? Ours is having a crackling sound which seems to be a commonly reported issue. If I have to buy a new sound bar, it will not be a Roku again with this seeming to be a highly reported issue.

0 Kudos
htporst
Reel Rookie

Roku OS 12.5.5 build 4174-95

Prime Video Version 15.1 

Build 2024030812

I tried the tracker ID instructions and all that happened was it took me to my home screen. No ID popped up.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @htporst,

Thanks for the response!

We appreciate you providing the device information. When getting the Tracker ID, are you encountering any error codes or messages? We suggest trying again later to get the Tracker ID. Press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID.

Also, kindly include the Roku device model, serial number, and device ID (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).

Please keep us posted with the details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I have the same issues. I even bought all new cables thinking there may be a short. It still happens randomly. I don’t know what else to do. 

serial number:YL003C415461

0 Kudos