RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar Sound Quality Issues

@TheBees,

Thanks for sharing this information with us. We'll take it from here and forward you a PM for further information and support.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

YL002Y926643

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DonEdwards01,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? How are you powering the Roku device?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I’m having the same issues plus additional glitches where the volume icon pops up and stays on the screen and the remote stops responding. 
serial# YL000H886953

0 Kudos
LNB7
Reel Rookie

Do you have a LG TV?  If so, do a search on the Internet because it may be a setting problem on the TV itself. Mine did the same thing and it turned out to be a setting that I had to turn OFF and it hasn't come back since. I can't remember the exact setting, but I found the resolution with a simple search. I can't help with the sound issue, because I ditched my sound bar, it was so bad.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @IncomingMail @LNB7,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you are also having issues with the sound quality of your Roku Streambar, volume icons that pop up on the screen, and the remote that stopped responding. We appreciate your posting about this, and we would be delighted to help you further.

For us to better understand the issue you are experiencing, please provide us with additional information:

• When did the issue occur?
  • What software version is your Roku device currently in? (Check in Settings > Systems > About.)
  • What type of Roku remote are you using right now? (Simple, Voice, or Voice Pro)
  • Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)
  • Are your other Roku devices experiencing the same issue? If yes, which Roku device?

In the meantime, please try updating the software and restarting the system of your Roku device to see if it fixes the issue.

You can also check out this support article on how to fix your Roku remote and ensure to follow the steps provided.

Let us know how it goes, and we will continue to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Casey27

Still garbage!!

0 Kudos
htporst
Reel Rookie

My Roku streambar is doing the same thing. The sound will get really quiet for no reason, or it gets crackly and really loud. If I reset my system it will resolve, but I'm having to reset daily.

Model 9102R

S/N YL008V811732

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @htporst

It's always great to see new users around here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having an audio issue with your Roku stream bar, and we appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. We'd be more than happy to assist. As a start, we'd like to collect further information regarding this.

• Is this issue happening to a specific channel or throughout the Roku platform?
  • When was this issue first encountered?
  • Roku OS version.

With more details about the issue, we'll be able to determine the further steps to address this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wise9owl
Reel Rookie

Hello, 

I have been having sound issues with my Roku Streambar, crackling and low sound. Also, the video flashes to black several times on streaming shows (not lives). Have tried troubleshooting. Please help. Longtime Roku user. 

Sincerely 

Susan

Model: 9102R Roku Streambar

Serial Number: YL005F243230

0 Kudos